Page 10 of 162 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I don't want any government plan personally, so I'm not in favor of the GOP plan, but I'm also not in favor of your continued hypocrisy.
    If you actually weren't a hypocrite, you would not vote in our elections. Put your anti-government foot, where your anti-government mouth is.

Blog Entries

How old are you? You can't possibly be out of school and employed.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    How old are you? You can't possibly be out of school and employed.
    We've already established this with G_4L; apparently being early-mid 20's nowadays now constitutes carrying a lifetime of worldly experience and impact in the work force. I'm curious as to said poster's primary field of study; almost certainly not engineering or even very likely that it's anything science-related due to their complete lack of ability to think for themselves. Definitely one of the regurgitation fields; read, memorize, regurgitate at time of exam. Most definitely a Bachelor of Arts, not a BS for sure.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    We've already established this with G_4L; apparently being early-mid 20's nowadays now constitutes carrying a lifetime of worldly experience and impact in the work force. I'm curious as to said poster's primary field of study; almost certainly not engineering or even very likely that it's anything science-related due to their complete lack of ability to think for themselves. Definitely one of the regurgitation fields; read, memorize, regurgitate at time of exam. Most definitely a Bachelor of Arts, not a BS for sure.
    Pretty sure he hasn’t graduated college yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Seriously howie, you expect me to make a legislative proposal in great detail?
    I'm not asking for #'s. Just the basics of how it will work. You keep saying R's want to pass legislation to cover pre-existing conditions. They campaigned on it all fall. They also were going to repeal and replace the ACA. With what? I assume a detailed plan already exists. I've asked Beeg, but he can never answer. Don will only say that it's "really terrific, will cover everyone and cost far less." Surely some Republican, somewhere has the actual detailed plan? And if anyone would have seen it and know the details, it would be you. Surely it was discussed on Fox News. So please, share.

Or admit that they have no plan to offer any such coverage and it was just campaign hot air.

Blog Entries

A) Obamacare in 2007 and 2008 was NOT detailed.
    B) The details that emerged in 2009 were lies

It was a broad outline. Not a plan. Same as the GOP. I don't want any government plan personally, so I'm not in favor of the GOP plan, but I'm also not in favor of your continued hypocrisy.
    All I'm asking for is a broad outline of how a "simple" bill mandating that insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions would work. KGF keeps saying the R's would pass that in a heartbeat. But there is no such outline. Because it's not simple, they have no plan and they only started lying about it to try and keep from getting killed in the mid-terms.

Blog Entries

Klobuchar is not going to win. She plays politics way too safe.
    Who is then? Harris is "done" according to you. Warren is Lenin. So who's it going to be? 80 year old Biden? 80 year old Bernie? I doubt it.

You have no idea who's going to win and neither do I. But that won't stop you from declaring a candidate "done" or having no chance every other day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    How about any detail, as a start? IE, more than zero.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I'm not asking for #'s. Just the basics of how it will work. You keep saying R's want to pass legislation to cover pre-existing conditions. They campaigned on it all fall. They also were going to repeal and replace the ACA. With what? I assume a detailed plan already exists. I've asked Beeg, but he can never answer. Don will only say that it's "really terrific, will cover everyone and cost far less." Surely some Republican, somewhere has the actual detailed plan? And if anyone would have seen it and know the details, it would be you. Surely it was discussed on Fox News. So please, share.

Or admit that they have no plan to offer any such coverage and it was just campaign hot air.
    Oh, there were lots of GOP ideas and plans discussed, but McCain shut that debate down with a thumbs down.

It’s a process howie. There was no point of debating it further if they couldn’t repeal Obamacare. Had the process been allowed to continue, the hard part would’ve have been negotiating an agreement within the GOP. Just like the difficult Dem debate that occurred with Obamacare, but hopefully without all the back room deals, sweetheart deals, arm twisting, kickbacks, and outright lies that Obama told anti-abortion Dem congressmen.

Had the GOP repealed Obamacare and proposed a replacement, it would’ve undoubtedly included pre-existing conditions.

Blog Entries

Oh, there were lots of GOP ideas and plans discussed, but McCain shut that debate down with a thumbs down.

It’s a process howie. There was no point of debating it further if they couldn’t repeal Obamacare. Had the process been allowed to continue, the hard part would’ve have been negotiating an agreement within the GOP. Just like the difficult Dem debate that occurred with Obamacare, but hopefully without all the back room deals, sweetheart deals, arm twisting, kickbacks, and outright lies that Obama told anti-abortion Dem congressmen.

Had the GOP repealed Obamacare and proposed a replacement, it would’ve undoubtedly included pre-existing conditions.
    So they voted to repeal the ACA 70 times over several years, but they never got around to having any plan to replace it with anything? Do you recon if McCain had voted yes, it would have been a quick and easy plan to come up with? Or were we just going to have chaos for months/years?

So the plan doesn't exist, but you're certain it would have covered pre-existing conditions? Brilliant.
    Last edited by howeda7; 01-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Who is then? Harris is "done" according to you. Warren is Lenin. So who's it going to be? 80 year old Biden? 80 year old Bernie? I doubt it.

You have no idea who's going to win and neither do I. But that won't stop you from declaring a candidate "done" or having no chance every other day.
    Harris has ‘stepped in it’ early. You only get one chance to make a first impression and her’s isn’t good. Bloomberg and Schultz are both making her proposal look like sh!t, so she’s either got to backpedal on it or stick with it. Neither is good.

BTW, she has only proposed a broad concept. Is that even a real legislative proposal?
    You should demand specifics or it’s a fraudulent proposal. Even though we can tell it sucks.

Blog Entries

Harris has ‘stepped in it’ early. You only get one chance to make a first impression and her’s isn’t good. Bloomberg and Schultz are both making her proposal look like sh!t, so she’s either got to backpedal on it or stick with it. Neither is good.

BTW, she has only proposed a broad concept. Is that even a real legislative proposal?
    You should demand specifics or it’s a fraudulent proposal. Even though we can tell it sucks.
    It's more detailed then "something really terrific" which is all Trump needed to win your support.

So they voted to repeal the ACA 70 times over several years, but they never got around to having any plan to replace it with anything? Do you recon if McCain had voted yes, it would have been a quick and easy plan to come up with? Or were we just going to have chaos for months/years?

So the plan doesn't exist, but you're certain it would have covered pre-existing conditions? Brilliant.
    Geezus howie, this is really a stupid line of argument.

Yes, pre-existing is popular. It would’ve certainly been included in it or it wouldn’t have likely passed. But arguing about how the process would’ve played out, when it didn’t get that chance, is stupid.

Blog Entries

Geezus howie, this is really a stupid line of argument.

Yes, pre-existing is popular. It would’ve certainly been included in it or it wouldn’t have likely passed. But arguing about how the process would’ve played out, when it didn’t get that chance, is stupid.
    You campaign on "repeal and replace" for years, and when someone asks to see the details of "replace" it's stupid?

You campaign on "repeal and replace" for years, and when someone asks to see the details of "replace" it's stupid?
    No, hypothetical arguments are stupid.

Come on, you know it’s just a trolling exercise.