Page 99 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2012
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    You mean the party that supported all the same policies but just wasn’t fronted by a sundowning sack of mayonnaise who watches cable news all day? You like the party now that the veneer is off because you’re a rube, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Run a Mitt Romney type in 2024 & I'm back to voting 3rd party.
    The REAL hypothetical question is if Trump made an unconstitutional move to extend his term, would you back him? Basically, are you an American or a coward?

No Jammer, I mean a party that actually cuts taxes, brings back manufacturing, works for Main St, enforces the border, defeats ISIS, renegotiates NAFTA, opts out of the Paris Climate fiasco, exposes MSM bias, social media bias & fights to overturn Obamcare. That's definitely not who the GOP has been during my adult life. If this is the new GOP under Trump, count me in.
    What about abortions???

Right. Just another divisive point that you don’t really give a s__t about, but which allows you to troll people in bad faith arguments for your own entertainment.

Blog Entries

No Jammer, I mean a party that actually cuts taxes, brings back manufacturing, works for Main St, enforces the border, defeats ISIS, renegotiates NAFTA, opts out of the Paris Climate fiasco, exposes MSM bias, social media bias & fights to overturn Obamcare. That's definitely not who the GOP has been during my adult life. If this is the new GOP under Trump, count me in.
    So you're happy with a tax cut, disparaging brown people and pulling out of the Paris accord? The rest he either failed to do or hasn't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    So you're happy with a tax cut, disparaging brown people and pulling out of the Paris accord? The rest he either failed to do or hasn't done yet.
    I thought you guys said that the Republicans have messed up Obamacare, but now you claim it hasn’t been effected. I’d say eliminating the mandate was pretty significant and may lead to its ultimate demise.

Some of the topics are in-process, but Trump has done well on growing the economy, created a business environment that promotes job growth, and the other stuff CRG posted.

Now, if the Dems would actually help solve some issues with the illegal border crossings, like modifying our asylum laws, we could make some much needed progress on the issue. Instead, they’d rather keep the issue so they can talk about separating families and claiming Trump hates minorities. And, open more investigations about who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Trump has done well on growing the economy, created a business environment that promotes job growth,
    Of course. When Trump hasn’t actually accomplished anything, then just make up reasons to justify voting for him. Par for the course

Blog Entries

I thought you guys said that the Republicans have messed up Obamacare, but now you claim it hasn’t been effected. I’d say eliminating the mandate was pretty significant and may lead to its ultimate demise.

Some of the topics are in-process, but Trump has done well on growing the economy, created a business environment that promotes job growth, and the other stuff CRG posted.

Now, if the Dems would actually help solve some issues with the illegal border crossings, like modifying our asylum laws, we could make some much needed progress on the issue. Instead, they’d rather keep the issue so they can talk about separating families and claiming Trump hates minorities. And, open more investigations about who knows what.
    The R's have damaged the ACA. But that wasn't the goal. It was to repeal it and replace it with something "really terrific." Remember? Something that would cover everyone and cost far less. Remember? Damaging the existing law with no plan of what to do next is a terrible idea, don't you think?

What has Trump done to grow the economy besides the tax cut?

Trump doesn't want to modify our asylum laws or move major immigration reform. He doesn't want more people from "Sh$%hole countries." Remember? Besides fear-mongering about those "others" invading our country is a good issue for him and fires up his base.

Neither party is going to compromise on anything meaningful for the next 18 months. At best, maybe we get an infrastructure bill. Is it still infrastructure week?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Of course. When Trump hasn’t actually accomplished anything, then just make up reasons to justify voting for him. Par for the course
    He didn't vote for him. Neither did 2. Or half of the other Fellas of Gopherhole. Just think how high his % will with all of their support in 2020!

He didn't vote for him. Neither did 2. Or half of the other Fellas of Gopherhole. Just think how high his % will with all of their support in 2020!
    The next time I vote, I might have established my residency as Florida so that it will actually count for something. We’ve gone full lefty in Illinois. There’s talk of an exit tax b/c we’re bleeding population. 100K last year, highest exodus in the nation. Will only have California and New Jersey ahead of us in worst state taxes. They’re doubling the state income tax for people over $250K and they’ll likely next turn the eyes to taxing retirement income. That’ll keep people here.

The R's have damaged the ACA. But that wasn't the goal. It was to repeal it and replace it with something "really terrific." Remember? Something that would cover everyone and cost far less. Remember? Damaging the existing law with no plan of what to do next is a terrible idea, don't you think?

What has Trump done to grow the economy besides the tax cut?

Trump doesn't want to modify our asylum laws or move major immigration reform. He doesn't want more people from "Sh$%hole countries." Remember? Besides fear-mongering about those "others" invading our country is a good issue for him and fires up his base.

Neither party is going to compromise on anything meaningful for the next 18 months. At best, maybe we get an infrastructure bill. Is it still infrastructure week?
    Trump’s reduction of regulations is unprecedented in the last 40 years.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ns-trump-2019/

...Trump's first year reduction in rules put the total at the lowest since record-keeping began in the early 1970s. So Trump remains the all-time champion of rule-cutting, besting even President Reagan. It explains why the economy started growing at 3% under Trump, even as the U.S. job-machine shifted into high gear...

Regarding healthcare, I think Trump is doing the right thing by pressuring the Republicans in Congress to develop and agree to some basic improvements to our healthcare system. They’ve all been mentioned before, but you ignore the ideas as if they’ve never been proposed, like access to group plans for small employers’ employees and private associations, insurance competition across state lines, improvements in transparency of healthcare prices, etc.

The Democrats’ solutions are to imitate the disasters in socialized medicine. No thanks!

Your garbage comments on immigration don’t deserve a response. Dems don’t want to change immigration without a total overhaul, which would be THE most difficult to negotiate and get party agreement. Code for ‘we (D’s) don’t want to solve the issue b/c we want to use it to divide the country’ with identity politics.
    Last edited by KillerGopherFan; 05-15-2019 at 11:48 PM.

I'm not a Republican
    Oh, so we're back to this again?

The next time I vote, I might have established my residency as Florida so that it will actually count for something. We’ve gone full lefty in Illinois. There’s talk of an exit tax b/c we’re bleeding population. 100K last year, highest exodus in the nation. Will only have California and New Jersey ahead of us in worst state taxes. They’re doubling the state income tax for people over $250K and they’ll likely next turn the eyes to taxing retirement income. That’ll keep people here.
    Then leave. Off to your low-tax utopia.

The REAL hypothetical question is if Trump made an unconstitutional move to extend his term, would you back him? Basically, are you an American or a coward?

Of course I wouldn't support an unconstitutional extension of his term.

Of course if it's proven Trump had the first two years of his presidency stolen by his political opponents colluding with Russian govt sources. If it's proven his political opponents to spread Russian disinformation about Trump to weaken his presidency. Or if we find out the CIA pushed & leaked the dossier to the media, to undermine Trump, when they knew it was false. Or we find out the FBI accepted, without verifying, the claims of a high ranking Russian govt official known for disinformation, to hamstring the United States. Then, obviously I would consider an extension to "reclaim his time".
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Oh, so we're back to this again?
    The truth?

What about abortions???

Right. Just another divisive point that you don’t really give a s__t about, but which allows you to troll people in bad faith arguments for your own entertainment.
    What was the question again?