Page 97 of 131 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1953
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    On one hand you say that minorities vote monolithically, like blacks for blacks, Hispanics for Hispanics, women for women, Muslims for Muslims, etc. and on the other hand you wonder why Republican political districts are made up of mostly white men and women representatives and Democrats have more diversity. Obviously you know why black districts are made up of mostly black representatives.

The exception is if a minority Republican runs for office. White Republicans will support them, but usually not a significant enough of the minority base will, i.e., John James.

For all your lefty idealism, let give you a bit of news. If you or THE most extreme lefty white dude ran for office in a mostly minority district, you won’t have a chance of winning. People, all people, tend to vote for representatives that may look similarly, think similarly, have experiences similarly or believe in the same principles as them.

The other aspect is political. Who supports your political agenda. Naturally, minorities or groupings of people are going to gravitate to the party that they believe serves their special interests. Whites, being a majority, don’t tend to have as much at stake in special interests but in general interests. I tend to think general interests are more important than special ones, but that’s me.

Therefore, the glory of diversity that are you basking yourself in has nothing to do with your political altruism or higher moral standing, and has everything to do with human behavior of all peoples.

There are exceptions, but not nearly enough to break the general rule of human behavior.

So congratulations. You have a diverse Party. They are human.
    Most of what you say is true. But we're not talking about why the representative from a majority African American district is black or the GOP Rep from South Dakota is white. The national party should not look the same as it's most extreme districts, should it?

One reason Biden is doing well, is that the national Dem party is not nearly as leftist as it seems on Twitter or as the Fellas of Gopherhole would have you believe. He's closer to the center of the party than your gf AOC.
    Last edited by howeda7; 05-14-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post

You're one of the only people on the board I literally feel sorry for. You generally don't come off with any malice so I think most just shrug it off but damn, you say some odd stuff.
    You don't think the GOP has issues appealing to minorities and young voters? In their 2012 "autopsy" they admitted they did. And not only have they not done anything about it, but Trump made those issues much worse.

They have always said that young voters will vote GOP as they get older. I don't think that's nearly as true anymore. Trump won by ginning up turnout among the GOP base, not appealing to anyone new (and with a little help from his comrades.) His Presidency has been about locking in his base, not expanding it. Is this a winning strategy? I guess we'll see. Based on this board, there are a huge # of Gary Johnson voters now frothing at the mouth to vote Trump, so he might be fine.
    Last edited by howeda7; 05-14-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    So congratulations. You have a diverse Party.
    And you have a homogeneous party of white bigots, who want to suppress the voting rights of non-whites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    And you have a homogeneous party of white bigots, who want to suppress the voting rights of non-whites.
    There's something to be said for knowing what you want and making it happen. They wanted that SCOTUS seat too, so they just said "$%K you, Obama!" and took it. The Dems issue subpoenas and are scared to play hard ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I don’t believe in sock puppets.

I just think you’re an idiot, so your opinion means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    There's something to be said for knowing what you want and making it happen. They wanted that SCOTUS seat too, so they just said "$%K you, Obama!" and took it. The Dems issue subpoenas and are scared to play hard ball.
    Even when you give compliments, your hackier is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    Ogee, you know I mostly disagree with you, but I have to say, you are generationally impaired and cannot see the world from the point of view of people younger than yourself. And, I can only assume you are older than 40. If you are younger than 40, then, damn, who did you hang with? Granny all day?
    There's a quantum leap between what some might say are stereotypical Republican voters and what Howie said. Yup, I'm over 40 and it wasn't that long ago that I was voting primarily Democrat. Let's face it, born and raised in MN, you're likely going to grow up Democrat in the 70's and 80's and 90's.

I am actually surprised at how many young people I come across today that are Republican leaning. The only obvious left leaning people that I encounter these days, at least as far as younger generation, are academic Bachelor of Arts type people. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that has a Bachelor of Science degree or a degree that teaches you how to think instead of TELLING you how to think that is a Liberal. Not a one really.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Biden agrees with a lefty supporter that says Trump is an illegitimate President. And they were worried that Trump wouldn’t accept the results of the 2016 election.

https://ijr.com/biden-agrees-claim-t...ate-president/

Former Vice President Joe Biden agreed with a supporter who claimed that President Donald Trump was an “illegitimate president.”

Biden — who is the clear front-runner of the 22 Democrats vying to take on Trump — agreed with a supporter who claimed the president was only elected because of help from Russian President Vladimir Putin during an event with voters Tuesday.

The woman — who jokingly embraced the label of having “Trump Derangement Syndrome” — told the former vice president:

“I would like to see the [Democratic] Party and every candidate come out with a very simple message regarding [Trump]. He won the election by 70,000 votes in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. He won it because he had help by the Russians. He refuses to do anything to stop that. He’s failing in carrying out the most basic function: to uphold the Constitution. He is not defending our national security, he has no interest in doing it. I don’t want to live in a country run by Vladimir Putin. […] He’s an illegitimate president, in my mind.”

The woman urged Democrats to use that message moving forward in both the campaigns and in Congress as they toy with the idea of impeachment.

Biden agreed with the woman and even joked that she should be his vice president, should he win the election.

Biden responded to her by saying: “you’re absolutely right!”.

On a side note, if you’ve been watching Biden’s interaction with the media during Q&A’s, he looks totally in over his head. He is struggling to put coherent thoughts together to make understandable statements.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Took it! I mean, had to win congress and the presidency, but basically took it. Have you had a good take this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Weíre all blinded by your whiteness, jammer.

You are just blind, deuce. Everyone can see that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Howie isnít going to hear about any of this on cnn, but tulsi is by far the best of the Dems. Great thread and interview clips. She is so reasoned, itís impressive.
    https://twitter.com/jakemerci/status...699061248?s=21

You are obsessed by Howie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    There's a quantum leap between what some might say are stereotypical Republican voters and what Howie said. Yup, I'm over 40 and it wasn't that long ago that I was voting primarily Democrat. Let's face it, born and raised in MN, you're likely going to grow up Democrat in the 70's and 80's and 90's.

I am actually surprised at how many young people I come across today that are Republican leaning. The only obvious left leaning people that I encounter these days, at least as far as younger generation, are academic Bachelor of Arts type people. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that has a Bachelor of Science degree or a degree that teaches you how to think instead of TELLING you how to think that is a Liberal. Not a one really.
    That’s because your definition of “left leaning” is so far out of whack with reality.

Pretty much all young people are inclusive, and anti-bigot. Not down with your side’s defacto hatred of blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims. That’s called progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    You are obsessed by Howie.

His posts are just so bad. Every post is just the worst take imaginable. Itís incredible. No one else comes close. How can you be a worse poster than cinny? Yet he wins be a mile.

His posts are just so bad. Every post is just the worst take imaginable. It’s incredible. No one else comes close. How can you be a worse poster than cinny? Yet he wins be a mile.

G4L?
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    G4L?
    troll posters are exempt. if you know the bit.