Who was the last gopher player

Some guy

Reaction score
To play on two NCAA tournament teams that were not revoked.

If this team can win 5 more games, Coffey, Murphy, McBrayer, Curry would end up being pretty underrated in gopher history to this point in their careers.

I honestly don’t know the answer the question and I figure the board wouldn’t be easier to research on by asking than actually looking.

To play on two NCAA tournament teams that were not revoked.

If this team can win 5 more games, Coffey, Murphy, McBrayer, Curry would end up being pretty underrated in gopher history to this point in their careers.

I honestly don’t know the answer the question and I figure the board wouldn’t be easier to research on by asking than actually looking.

Several players on the 2009-2010 teams. Sampson III, Blake, etc.

The last player would be Rodney Williams. Hoffarber, Sampson, Westbrook, Iverson and a few others did also when they were here. Tubby made three NCAA Tournaments.

Good call. Didn't think anyone from 2013 was there in 2010.

I probably underrate tubby Smith.

I forgot he made it in years 2 and 3. Those feel like the same season to me.

Good call. Didn't think anyone from 2013 was there in 2010.

Trevor Mbakwe was on the roster both seasons too, but he didn’t play in 2009-10, so I think Rodney Williams stands alone as the last Gopher to play on two tournament teams with the Gophers. The 2009 class was Rodney Williams, Royce White, Trevor Mbakwe, and Justin Cobbs. Justin Cobbs played in the 2012 and 2013 NCAA tournaments with Cal. I see Brandon Smith played with Cobbs on those Cal teams, was he a Monson recruit? Hadn’t seen that name in awhile.

I probably underrate tubby Smith.

I forgot he made it in years 2 and 3. Those feel like the same season to me.

Both seasons ended with us going 9-9 in the Big Ten, being on the bubble, getting in as a double digit seed and losing the first round. I think those two seasons were what created the feeling that Minnesota seems to be on the bubble almost every year.

Both seasons ended with us going 9-9 in the Big Ten, being on the bubble, getting in as a double digit seed and losing the first round. I think those two seasons were what created the feeling that Minnesota seems to be on the bubble almost every year.

The best year was 2010-11. We were ranked top 20 in the country and Nolen (our PG) got hurt. We had to play Hoff at PG and lost the just about the rest of our games in a tough B1G. We beat a top 10 ranked North Carolina that year. The next year we were good too until Mbakwe got hurt and was lost for the season. The year after that we made the round of 32 after beating UCLA and then lost to Florida. Tubby was fired the next day.

Top Bottom