***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Back at The Barn after a heartbreaking loss at Michigan in what was a great effort. No time to feel sorry for ourselves as today is a critical game. Iowa is a good team but if we want to make the Tournament this is a game we just have to find a way to win. Hopefully the snow holds off and the fans can pack The Barn. We need the 6th man today.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I sure hope the students show up for this one. The PSU game it was 1/3 full.

Control Garza and Cook. Defend the 3 point line - guards arent penetrators but can get hot from 3.

Keep Murphy out of foul trouble -- that's kind of the key to every game...

This is a really big game.

About as 50/50 of a game as one could get. ESPN has it even and Sagarin gives Iowa an 8/10ths of a point advantage.

One equalizing factor: Iowa doesn't have a real starting point guard either.

Let's put on a good show Goph fans, we have some important visitors today...I really hope the barn gets rocking early, I think today will be special!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not only does ESPN have Iowa at Minnesota as even, ESPN also has the noon Michigan State at Purdue game as even. The latter surprises me a bit; although I think Purdue is a good team, hardly anyone in conference has laid a glove on Michigan State.

If ESPN is right, today is likely the most competitive doubleheader of the Big Ten season.

Last edited:

Let's put on a good show Goph fans, we have some important visitors today...I really hope the barn gets rocking early, I think today will be special!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good thing they are Minnesota kids. Today wouldn't be an ideal day to invite recruits from South Carolina or California.

Excited for the toasty confines of The Barn. When the weather outside is frightful, The Barn is so delightful. My favorite place to watch a sporting event. Very excited for this one. Need a victory to ease the pain of this cold front and snow. Lets do it!

David Skogman, 2019 big man from Wisconsin, will be visiting today too. That's a lotta croots.

About as 50/50 of a game as one could get. ESPN has it even and Sagarin gives Iowa an 8/10ths of a point advantage.

One equalizing factor: Iowa doesn't have a real starting point guard either.

Las Vegas betting line...MN -1/PK
o/u 153

Carlson and Holmgren are the guys we can get and should do everything we can to get. If Holmgren isn't already a 4-star, he will be eventually. He will play in the NBA.

Last I heard; Bruce King, Kevin Boyle, and Steve Carfino will not be suiting up today. And George Raveling will not be on the sidelines wearing a workout suit.

Gophers make enough free throws and the K-man is hitting 3's again; Gopher by 7.

Carlson and Holmgren are the guys we can get and should do everything we can to get. If Holmgren isn't already a 4-star, he will be eventually. He will play in the NBA.

Holmgren sure has a lot of skill for his height and age. I don’t doubt he will be a very nice college player. Can his body get enough bulk to play in the NBA? Wow, is he skinny. I guess the comp might be Randy Breuer. He was always pretty skinny but he developed enough strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holmgren sure has a lot of skill for his height and age. I don’t doubt he will be a very nice college player. Can his body get enough bulk to play in the NBA? Wow, is he skinny. I guess the comp might be Randy Breuer. He was always pretty skinny but he developed enough strength.

Holmgren is a modern day big man. Handled and shoots. Runs the floor. Can score from anywhere. He is trying to be a Kevin Durant type of player. And it’s working he is insanely skilled.

Not only does ESPN have Iowa at Minnesota as even, ESPN also has the noon Michigan State at Purdue game as even. The latter surprises me a bit; although I think Purdue is a good team, hardly anyone in conference has laid a glove on Michigan State.

If ESPN is right, today is likely the most competitive doubleheader of the Big Ten season.

Id say Purdue has officially “laid a glove” on MSU

Id say Purdue has officially “laid a glove” on MSU

Indeed. I'd say a steel mesh glove clenching a spiked club.

Hope they keep it up throughout the second half. Somebody in the conference has to beat these guys.

Indeed. I'd say a steel mesh glove clenching a spiked club.

Hope they keep it up throughout the second half. Somebody in the conference has to beat these guys.

Got it up to 23 or so. Then MSU goes on a 11 or 12-0 run. Yikes. Purdue looks really tough.

Last I heard; Bruce King, Kevin Boyle, and Steve Carfino will not be suiting up today. And George Raveling will not be on the sidelines wearing a workout suit.

Gophers make enough free throws and the K-man is hitting 3's again; Gopher by 7.

Any logical path to the 13-7 i predicted requires a win today.

Kevin Durant rings a bell

Carlson may be getting close to Stanford or UW.

Top Bottom