Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

I can't tell if I feel that we should have blown them out or if they should have won.

Very entertaining game though and big win. Our NCAA hopes are alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEGOPHER View Post
    Gabe is gonna end up one of my all-time favorite gophers. Man has ice in his veins.
    Yes, his contribution shouldn't be overlooked today. He wasn't extremely efficient but he had to take more shots today and a number of them were tough shots. His defense was pretty good, too. We definitely couldn't have won without him.

3. Default

WHEW. Made me sweat at the end, but a quality home win for the Gophers. Really nice to see Matz and Curry step up and play well with the Oturu injury. All in all, despite some poor passing/decisions against the Iowa full court pressure, I thought we played very well. I got a little worried when Iowa switched to a zone defense, but again, they attacked it very well, and found the gaps. With the games we have left, that was a much needed W.

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Iowa also got away with few reach ins
    But tbe #metoo movement has happened since then.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

That was about as fun and entertaining of a game as I've seen the Gophers play in awhile. It was also a great learning experience as I learned that Stockman was from Sweden and Coffey is Dr. J.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Yes, his contribution shouldn't be overlooked today. He wasn't extremely efficient but he had to take more shots today and a number of them were tough shots. His defense was pretty good, too. We definitely couldn't have won without him.
    Was Bohannon his responsibility most of the game? (I wasn't able to watch it.)
    Dux Servus

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    He was on Bohannon the whole time he played. All he got was a meaningless late layup.

I don't mean to rag on the "expert" and/or model predictions (oh wait, yes I do), but I'm sure they had the outcome of this game wrong, and I'm sure they will have the outcomes of some of the other games wrong. I read posts from a few people predicting gloom over the second half of the conference season based on these predictions, but, fortunately for the Gophers, the predictions are based on PAST performances and will have NO impact on future performances.

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Yes, I think so. Good point!

Fun game to attend. Lively and large crowd. Roads were rough on my way back to Plymouth. Glad I live close.

Does Iowa drive or fly? Guessing either way they don’t head out until tomorrow. Wouldn’t want them to risk it.

Even though Garza was on fire in the post and made it look easy at times, I sure am glad Murphy didn't get overly-physical and into foul trouble. The Gophs needed him the whole game. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Fun game to attend. Lively and large crowd. Roads were rough on my way back to Plymouth. Glad I live close.

Does Iowa drive or fly? Guessing either way they don’t head out until tomorrow. Wouldn’t want them to risk it.
    Yes - a smattering of Iowa fans who were kept mercifully quiet by us basically leading the whole game. It's miserable losing a border home game, so this was a great pleasure!! (Roads were fine back to St. Paul)

That was the best coaching job of the Pitino era

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    That was the best coaching job of the Pitino era
    Richard performed very well today. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post

Good thing for everyone's sake it was an early-ish game and not one of those 8 pm games that keep me wired way past midnight.