***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I can't tell if I feel that we should have blown them out or if they should have won.

Very entertaining game though and big win. Our NCAA hopes are alive and well.

Gabe is gonna end up one of my all-time favorite gophers. Man has ice in his veins.

Yes, his contribution shouldn't be overlooked today. He wasn't extremely efficient but he had to take more shots today and a number of them were tough shots. His defense was pretty good, too. We definitely couldn't have won without him.

WHEW. Made me sweat at the end, but a quality home win for the Gophers. Really nice to see Matz and Curry step up and play well with the Oturu injury. All in all, despite some poor passing/decisions against the Iowa full court pressure, I thought we played very well. I got a little worried when Iowa switched to a zone defense, but again, they attacked it very well, and found the gaps. With the games we have left, that was a much needed W.

That was about as fun and entertaining of a game as I've seen the Gophers play in awhile. It was also a great learning experience as I learned that Stockman was from Sweden and Coffey is Dr. J.

Yes, his contribution shouldn't be overlooked today. He wasn't extremely efficient but he had to take more shots today and a number of them were tough shots. His defense was pretty good, too. We definitely couldn't have won without him.

Was Bohannon his responsibility most of the game? (I wasn't able to watch it.)

I don't mean to rag on the "expert" and/or model predictions (oh wait, yes I do), but I'm sure they had the outcome of this game wrong, and I'm sure they will have the outcomes of some of the other games wrong. I read posts from a few people predicting gloom over the second half of the conference season based on these predictions, but, fortunately for the Gophers, the predictions are based on PAST performances and will have NO impact on future performances.

Fun game to attend. Lively and large crowd. Roads were rough on my way back to Plymouth. Glad I live close.

Does Iowa drive or fly? Guessing either way they don’t head out until tomorrow. Wouldn’t want them to risk it.

Even though Garza was on fire in the post and made it look easy at times, I sure am glad Murphy didn't get overly-physical and into foul trouble. The Gophs needed him the whole game. Well done.

Fun game to attend. Lively and large crowd. Roads were rough on my way back to Plymouth. Glad I live close.

Does Iowa drive or fly? Guessing either way they don’t head out until tomorrow. Wouldn’t want them to risk it.
Yes - a smattering of Iowa fans who were kept mercifully quiet by us basically leading the whole game. It's miserable losing a border home game, so this was a great pleasure!! (Roads were fine back to St. Paul)

Good thing for everyone's sake it was an early-ish game and not one of those 8 pm games that keep me wired way past midnight.

That was about as fun and entertaining of a game as I've seen the Gophers play in awhile. It was also a great learning experience as I learned that Stockman was from Sweden and Coffey is Dr. J.

:clap: Also a surprise for Matz and his family.

Even though Garza was on fire in the post and made it look easy at times, I sure am glad Murphy didn't get overly-physical and into foul trouble. The Gophs needed him the whole game. Well done.

Garza has a good offensive but is slow and mechanical on defense. I like his intensity!

Yes - a smattering of Iowa fans who were kept mercifully quiet by us basically leading the whole game. It's miserable losing a border home game, so this was a great pleasure!! (Roads were fine back to St. Paul)

Yeah, it was getting worse the further west I got. I’m glad East was better.

Wednesday will be a cold walk to my usual ramp

with Oturu I think we could have cake walked this game. It messed with our inside defense and rotations.

This was the best we've played as a team offensively all year. Iowa is limited though on defense.

Just got back from the game and that Cook guy is a me first player. Their coach is a nut job too.

Got back to buffalo ok. It’s getting hairy out there.

Our ball movement was the best I remember seeing this season. Good to see some open looks for shooters as opposed to the dribble, drive, and prayer offense that we have been running. Good minutes from Matz. 20 point performances from Coffey and Murphy both seemed quiet - crazy.

In KenPom gophers now have 4 top 35 wins.
2 home, 1 road, 1 neutral.

Better record than 3 of those four teams.

Yet not even in top 50.

Efficiency ratings bother me because winning is less important than losing pretty.

Top Bottom