Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Shooter: Jerry Kill: “We miss Minnesota a lot — it was a great time in our lives"

per Shooter:

Jerry Kill, the popular former Gophers football coach who is athletics director at Southern Illinois, said he hopes to make it back to Minneapolis for the NCAA Final Four in April.

“We miss Minnesota a lot — it was a great time in our lives, and we’re disappointed it was cut short,” Kill, 58, said last week.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/2...r-bowl-umpire/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shooter:

Jerry Kill, the popular former Gophers football coach who is athletics director at Southern Illinois, said he hopes to make it back to Minneapolis for the NCAA Final Four in April.

“We miss Minnesota a lot — it was a great time in our lives, and we’re disappointed it was cut short,” Kill, 58, said last week.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/2...r-bowl-umpire/

Go Gophers!!
    Amazing the toll that football and his disease has had on him. Can't believe he's only 58. I wish him health through rest of his life. There were some really good wins after he resurrected the Gophers from the Brewster years.

GM

Wonder if Fleck will ever do anything with Kill at TCF?

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Can't see why he would...Jer didn't do anything except some minor bowl games that would PJ want to tie to. Maybe some with warmath if he was still alive as the last big ten title.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    I think Kill is upset at the U for the Claeys firing.

Not sure if this is true but I thought I read somewhere that Kill and Fleck don't really get along as well. Something about both have 'Strong Personalities'.

Or my brain made it all up.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    I think Kill is upset at the U for the Claeys firing.

Not sure if this is true but I thought I read somewhere that Kill and Fleck don't really get along as well. Something about both have 'Strong Personalities'.

Or my brain made it all up.
    I recall this as well. Didn’t they get in an argument at a local HS? IIRC, Kill took offense to PJ often mentioning that he was fixing the culture at the U as Kill took great pride in the Culture he established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I recall this as well. Didn’t they get in an argument at a local HS? IIRC, Kill took offense to PJ often mentioning that he was fixing the culture at the U as Kill took great pride in the Culture he established.

I can't argue with PJ. There was room for improvement for sure. Under Jerry it wasn't the same as under Claeys. Similar but it felt more out of control under Claeys. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by gophermartin View Post
    I can't argue with PJ. There was room for improvement for sure. Under Jerry it wasn't the same as under Claeys. Similar but it felt more out of control under Claeys. Just my opinion though.

"felt more out of contrroL???? Like you know, it was one year. Total BS
    You have no idea about anything in the program, in 2016 or now, so just stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    "felt more out of contrroL???? Like you know, it was one year. Total BS
    You have no idea about anything in the program, in 2016 or now, so just stop it.
    Take a deep breath. He said it was his opinion. To be fair the scandal happened during that one year
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post

It was more of an (agri)Culture with Kill.

Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post
    Speaking of agriculture, many of your zingers don't get any cornier.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post

ol' jer is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood. he misses minnesota because he misses the boys he helped turn into men.

Certainly PJ has benefitted from building off the discipline Kill & Co brought to the program. Kill was very tough on the players the first few years post Brewster. He had to be.

That said, I wouldn't say that PJ was "standing on the shoulders of giants". As reflected by our record the first two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    ol' jer is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood. he misses minnesota because he misses the boys he helped turn into men.
    Do you have this line saved in a Word document?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk