Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Restaurant recs around Williams Arena?

Probably been talked about but I'm looking for restaurant recommendations around Williams Arena for Sunday night after the Iowa game. Driving up with my girlfriend from the Des Moines area and she's meeting the folks for the first time. Something kinda nice but not over the top. Will be driving back that night so don't need any booze. Ha.

Thanks,
    Go Gophers.

Quote Originally Posted by maliksealy View Post
    Probably been talked about but I'm looking for restaurant recommendations around Williams Arena for Sunday night after the Iowa game. Driving up with my girlfriend from the Des Moines area and she's meeting the folks for the first time. Something kinda nice but not over the top. Will be driving back that night so don't need any booze. Ha.

Thanks,
    Go Gophers.
    Within close walking distance of the Barn, there aren't very many options that fall into the "kinda nice" bucket. The closest thing would be the Beacon Public House inside the Graduate Hotel. Aside from that, everything within close walking distance is either a hole-in-the-wall or a chain.

Thanks,
    Go Gophers.
    Is she a Gopher fan or a Hawkeye fan? Your answer determines my response...

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Is she a Gopher fan or a Hawkeye fan? Your answer determines my response...
    Cyclone as she went to Iowa State but she will be in Gopher gear.

Doesn't have to be near Williams arena. Somewhere within a few miles really is fine.

Thanks,
    Go Gophers.
    You're going to have to venture to Northeast for restaurants if you want a nice sit down restaurant. It's only about a two to three miles west of Williams Arena. If you change your mind and want some standard american food, such as a burger, I would say go to Blue Door Pub (off of Como Ave). Pretty cheap, great burgers and appetizers.

I vote Brasa Premium Rotisserie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No drinking, relaxed fun, I would go to Annie's Parlour in Dinkytown.

Ginger hop or Chin Dian for asian food, Birchwood off Franklin, Cafe Racer off Franklin, agree with Puerta Azul or now The Blue Door on Como, if you want something within walking distance then Kafe 421 in Dinkytown.

For authentic Asian go to Lao Sze Chuan. Ranked as a top 50 restaurant in US by CNN and the best Chinese in the US by several travel magazines. It is as authentic as it gets this side of Taiwan. My son spent the last summer in Beijing as a part of the a UofM chinese language program and says its the real deal.

And - you can walk to it from Williams Arena.

For a nice sit down dinner, Legendary Spice right on Huron. Get the crispy shrimp. Good authentic Chinese food and suitable for meeting the folks. Nice place with wine, beer, and good teas.

Surly. Cool venue. Very good food. But if you are like me, the beer will be too tempting and you will end up staying at a hotel.

I’ll second Surly. Don’t be fooled by it being a brewery. Great restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Within close walking distance of the Barn, there aren't very many options that fall into the "kinda nice" bucket. The closest thing would be the Beacon Public House inside the Graduate Hotel. Aside from that, everything within close walking distance is either a hole-in-the-wall or a chain.
    My recommended holes in the wall would be either Annie's or Stub and Herb's.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Iíll second Surly. Donít be fooled by it being a brewery. Great restaurant
    Agree

B!G Ten Subs!!! Sadly, it is gone.

(moment of silence)

Betty Danger's and Psycho Suzies are fairly close and have good food mixed with a lot of fun! Especially Betty's! Ride the Ferris Wheel while you eat. (if it's open in winter)