Gophers an 8 seed in Jerry Palm's latest Bracketology

I'd definitely take an 8 seed now. We can relax on Selection Sunday for a change. Gotta win Sunday.

Would seem like a solid resume, but the NET rating says we couldn’t beat most high school teams. Hopefully the committee doesn’t lean too heavily on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would seem like a solid resume, but the NET rating says we couldn’t beat most high school teams. Hopefully the committee doesn’t lean too heavily on that one.

While the NET will definitely be used by the committee, remember that's it's not the only one they will be using. They arent simply going to give out bids in the order the NET ranks each team.

I always prefer to stay away from the 8/9 matchup. I'd rather have the 10 seed.

I'm not sure where I'd put the Gophers right now (8 might be slightly high), but 14-5 with wins over Washington, Nebraska, and Wisconsin is a pretty solid resume.

If he's basing it on current resumes and not projecting out to the end of the season - 9 is incredibly generous, let alone 8. A 10 seed or even 11 is far more realistic. A NET of 60, Sagarin of 51, kenpom of 63 - I don't see where anyone finds an 8 seed out of that. The committee says they're not using RPI anymore, and even if they were, a current RPI of 40 (a big outlier from our other advanced statistics) spells a 10 seed at best.

If he's basing it on current resumes and not projecting out to the end of the season - 9 is incredibly generous, let alone 8. A 10 seed or even 11 is far more realistic. A NET of 60, Sagarin of 51, kenpom of 63 - I don't see where anyone finds an 8 seed out of that. The committee says they're not using RPI anymore, and even if they were, a current RPI of 40 (a big outlier from our other advanced statistics) spells a 10 seed at best.

Not disagreeing with you, but maybe he thinks those tools are flawed and is focusing more on other criteria.

Howie Schuab doesn’t have the gophers in as of today per the graphic put up in the BTN network just now during the umich Indiana game.

Gus Johnson took the opportunity to say he was impressed with the gophers, however, and they mentioned the close loss at Michigan.

I don’t know who Howie Schuab is.

Howie Schuab doesn’t have the gophers in as of today per the graphic put up in the BTN network just now during the umich Indiana game.

Gus Johnson took the opportunity to say he was impressed with the gophers, however, and they mentioned the close loss at Michigan.

I don’t know who Howie Schuab is.

Howie Schwab. Former ESPN stats guy, really an encyclopedia of knowledge. Stump the Schwab was a fun show n

I'd definitely take an 8 seed now. We can relax on Selection Sunday for a change. Gotta win Sunday.

I don't know if there has been any doubt one way or the other on Selection Sunday in the Pitino era.

I don't know if there has been any doubt one way or the other on Selection Sunday in the Pitino era.

Year 1 we were on the bubble, but I think you're right that every other time we were either definitely in or definitely out.

Year 1 we were on the bubble, but I think you're right that every other time we were either definitely in or definitely out.

Yeah you are right. We were sort of an outside shot if I remember, but sill bubble.

Yeah you are right. We were sort of an outside shot if I remember, but sill bubble.

Excellent memory. Gophers needed to beat Wisconsin in Big 10 tourney quarterfinals to have a decent shot at an at-large bid, but the Badgers shellacked them by 26.

Top Bottom