Gopher Spring Game Set for April 13

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Spring Game Set for April 13

The University of Minnesota football team will hold its annual spring game on Saturday, April 13, 2019. A complete spring practice schedule and a spring game details will be announced in the near future. The game will once again be free to attend.

Last year, the Gold team topped the Maroon squad, 24-20, to win the first ever Goldy Cup. The game, which was played on a Thursday night, was highlighted by Minnesota's support for the It Ends Here Campaign, a one-handed catch by Tyler Johnson and by defensive lineman Sam Renner who was awarded a scholarship.

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully weather is better.

We've had games where it was terrible, and games where it was the first "hot" day of the year. Never know.

I'd love to see how the QB competition shakes up. Another thing - I am curious and anxious to see who will replace Jared Weyler at Center. Jason Dickson will finally be inserted into the Offensive Line. The other curious thing to watch - how much did the rest of the offensive linemen beef up during the S&C leading up to the Spring Game.

It is actually becoming more fun to see better competition for starting positions across the board. I'd love to see how good the backups perform, and which walk-on(s) will step up.

Loons home opener. You guys have fun.

Heck yeah, that's where I'll be.

Though if kick is early (say 11am or noon) you could definitely do both. Loons don't kick until 4pm at Allianz and it's a quick train ride from TCF to Snelling.

Though if kick is early (say 11am or noon) you could definitely do both. Loons don't kick until 4pm at Allianz and it's a quick train ride from TCF to Snelling.

Good point. That would be fun if it was over by like 1.

I’m actually traveling from out of town in for it, so hopefully the axe will be on display and I can get a picture with it early and then take the green line over to Allianz.

Last edited:

Gopher fan and Loon fan weighing in......Believe or not a guy CAN like both types of football.

Gee whiz, only about half negative posts. Things are improving. Go Gophers!!

Definitely on the calendar! I'll try to make all the open practices as well. Looking forward to the competition. I have a feeling there will be some nice surprises just like last year.

Hoping to do the same. Since this will also be the Loon’s first ever game at Allianz Field, I think they will get a disproportionate amount of the local sports coverage.

I'd love to see how the QB competition shakes up. Another thing - I am curious and anxious to see who will replace Jared Weyler at Center. Jason Dickson will finally be inserted into the Offensive Line. The other curious thing to watch - how much did the rest of the offensive linemen beef up during the S&C leading up to the Spring Game.

It is actually becoming more fun to see better competition for starting positions across the board. I'd love to see how good the backups perform, and which walk-on(s) will step up.

Who are you thinking needs more beef??? Certainly not Faalele and Dunlap!

Twins play Detroit, 1:15 p.m. at Target Field also on this day. Doesn't affect me. Notice that the Wild and Timberwolves season end the week before so probably play off time if either team makes it.

Twins play Detroit, 1:15 p.m. at Target Field also on this day. Doesn't affect me. Notice that the Wild and Timberwolves season end the week before so probably play off time if either team makes it.

Not feeling all that positive about those teams eh ? ;)

Haha concerned about the Twins playing the same day.

Oh no I might miss one of their 100 losses. Im off the Twins bandwagon. Mauers contract off the books and they wont even match last years payroll.

Oh no I might miss one of their 100 losses. Im off the Twins bandwagon. Mauers contract off the books and they wont even match last years payroll.

Can’t recall the last time I was at a Twins game in Target Field, which is an incredible baseball stadium.

I did go to the Tommie Johnnie game there a couple years ago.

Don’t think I could name a single person on the Twins now off top of my head.

I would make a $1000 bet the Twins don't lose 100 games this year if Vegas offered (and I'm not a betting person). 90 tops, which is still a terrible season, but no way they lose 100.

You can never have enough.

Hope you’re joking! Had enough of doughy looking OLs the last decade- need some big muscular and cut OLs in the 300 range who can pull and impose their will on the foe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would make a $1000 bet the Twins don't lose 100 games this year if Vegas offered (and I'm not a betting person). 90 tops, which is still a terrible season, but no way they lose 100.

That post is a testament to where any optimism for the Twins is at ....

That post is a testament to where any optimism for the Twins is at ....

I actually think they'll have a good chance at a winning season, just not willing to put $1000 on it. Just saying 90 losses would be the worst case scenario.

Top Bottom