Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gopher Spring Game Set for April 13

per the U:

Spring Game Set for April 13

The University of Minnesota football team will hold its annual spring game on Saturday, April 13, 2019. A complete spring practice schedule and a spring game details will be announced in the near future. The game will once again be free to attend.

Last year, the Gold team topped the Maroon squad, 24-20, to win the first ever Goldy Cup. The game, which was played on a Thursday night, was highlighted by Minnesota's support for the It Ends Here Campaign, a one-handed catch by Tyler Johnson and by defensive lineman Sam Renner who was awarded a scholarship.

Go Gophers!!

See you there!
    Iím a light eater. As soon as itís light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Hopefully weather is better.

We've had games where it was terrible, and games where it was the first "hot" day of the year. Never know.

Masters Saturday, here is hoping for an early kick

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    I hate to break it to you Zeppelin Gopher ... you're not getting an invite to the Masters this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Multitask! Stream the Master's on your phone...

Loons home opener. You guys have fun.

Blog Entries

I'd love to see how the QB competition shakes up. Another thing - I am curious and anxious to see who will replace Jared Weyler at Center. Jason Dickson will finally be inserted into the Offensive Line. The other curious thing to watch - how much did the rest of the offensive linemen beef up during the S&C leading up to the Spring Game.

It is actually becoming more fun to see better competition for starting positions across the board. I'd love to see how good the backups perform, and which walk-on(s) will step up.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    Seriously?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    Heck yeah, that's where I'll be.

Though if kick is early (say 11am or noon) you could definitely do both. Loons don't kick until 4pm at Allianz and it's a quick train ride from TCF to Snelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher07 View Post
    Heck yeah, that's where I'll be.

Though if kick is early (say 11am or noon) you could definitely do both. Loons don't kick until 4pm at Allianz and it's a quick train ride from TCF to Snelling.
    Good point. That would be fun if it was over by like 1.

Iím actually traveling from out of town in for it, so hopefully the axe will be on display and I can get a picture with it early and then take the green line over to Allianz.
    Last edited by mnsportsgeek; 01-26-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Seriously?
    Nah, just kidding. Wouldnít miss a chance to hang out with 600 of my favorite gopher fans.

Gopher fan and Loon fan weighing in......Believe or not a guy CAN like both types of football.

Gee whiz, only about half negative posts. Things are improving. Go Gophers!!
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Definitely on the calendar! I'll try to make all the open practices as well. Looking forward to the competition. I have a feeling there will be some nice surprises just like last year.