USC early enrollee Bru McCoy enters NCAA transfer portal a month after signing LOI

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Bru McCoy, an early enrollee at USC, has entered his name in the NCAA transfer portal, a source told ESPN on Thursday.

The news was first reported by Rivals.

McCoy, the No. 27-ranked football prospect in the 2019 class out of Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana, California), signed with USC in the early signing period on Dec. 19.

McCoy, who is coveted as a receiver but also played linebacker in high school, didn't make his commitment public until Jan. 5 at the U.S. Army All-America Game, but he had been signed for those few weeks.

Only days after McCoy made his choice known, USC offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury left to take the head-coaching job with the Arizona Cardinals. USC has not yet named a replacement for Kingsbury.

McCoy enrolled early and already has started classes on campus, so he would need to be released from the national letter of intent that he signed in December to transfer to another school.

If he does transfer, McCoy would have to sit out the 2019 season and would be eligible to play in 2020.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nrollee-bru-mccoy-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal

Go Gophers!!

What a mess. Start school and transfer and then sit out a year.

He’s just a lawyer away from getting rid of that. Surely this will be a cottage industry going forward for players wanting to transfer to schools with discrete boosters.

The school is releasing him, that won't make him eligible but is interesting.

The school is releasing him, that won't make him eligible but is interesting.

Probably the right decision for USC. Just release him from his NLI and try to stay out of the way of the transfer. If they blocked it, all it would lead to is a media/fan backlash that would just lead them to make the same decision a week from now. Kind of like OU eventually allowing Austin Kendall to transfer to WVU

From the kid's point of view, I'm sure it looks like this: the guy who recruited me, and the guy I wanted to play for, up and left before I even got there. Screw that. This season won't be any different than a redshirt year anyway.

Probably the right decision for USC. Just release him from his NLI and try to stay out of the way of the transfer. If they blocked it, all it would lead to is a media/fan backlash that would just lead them to make the same decision a week from now. Kind of like OU eventually allowing Austin Kendall to transfer to WVU

Yeah. USC made the grown up choice.

From the kid's point of view, I'm sure it looks like this: the guy who recruited me, and the guy I wanted to play for, up and left before I even got there. Screw that. This season won't be any different than a redshirt year anyway.

100%
He is eligible for his redshirt freshman season.
Only thing that matters to him now is picking the right place for stop number 2

Maybe he was afraid of the staggeringly high crime rate that begins only 2" off campus.

Top Bottom