Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Correction. We are in favor of giving this group of people more power and control over businesses that rip off their customers with impunity, ignore the health, safety, and economic well being of their employees, rape the environment without consequences of any kind, and that exercise power and control over the American people in ways that politicians from both political parties can only dream about.
    Lol yes those evil corporations that employ everyone, and give them economic freedom. You watch too much tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Correction. We are in favor of giving this group of people more power and control over businesses that rip off their customers with impunity, ignore the health, safety, and economic well being of their employees at will, rape the environment without real consequences of any kind, and that exercise power and control over the American people in ways that politicians from both political parties can only dream about.
    So Broke, let me get this straight; your position is that the party of Wall Street and corporate America (the Dems) is going to look out for and protect... the people? I don't even think YOU really believe that.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Blog Entries

Which party does the Chamber of Commerce support? Which party always cut Wall Street regulations when they take power?

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    Which party does the Chamber of Commerce support? Which party always cut Wall Street regulations when they take power?
    First point granted, second point not granted. But regardless, yes Republicans suck. Democrats suck too. Why do we want to give these guys more power and control over us?

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    First point granted, second point not granted. But regardless, yes Republicans suck. Democrats suck too. Why do we want to give these guys more power and control over us?
    So what is the answer? Let me suggest one - a new party. Call it the Whigs, the Mugwumps, whatever you want, but a new party, that could, in theory, avoid the excesses of the Dems and the Repubs, and offer voters a real alternative. My personal preference would be for a more centrist party, neither far left or far right - a common sense party. Come to think of it, that's not a bad name - the Common Sense party.

Obviously, it would be a huge undertaking and have lots of hurdles to overcome. but a viable 3rd party might hold the Dems and the Repubs more accountable. it could also create an almost Parliamentary system, with no one party having a majority, and forcing parties to form coalitions in order to govern.

But, I'm at the point where I'm starting to think that anything would be preferable to the current steaming pile of dung we have on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    So what is the answer? Let me suggest one - a new party. Call it the Whigs, the Mugwumps, whatever you want, but a new party, that could, in theory, avoid the excesses of the Dems and the Repubs, and offer voters a real alternative. My personal preference would be for a more centrist party, neither far left or far right - a common sense party. Come to think of it, that's not a bad name - the Common Sense party.

Obviously, it would be a huge undertaking and have lots of hurdles to overcome. but a viable 3rd party might hold the Dems and the Repubs more accountable. it could also create an almost Parliamentary system, with no one party having a majority, and forcing parties to form coalitions in order to govern.

But, I'm at the point where I'm starting to think that anything would be preferable to the current steaming pile of dung we have on our hands.
    Here would have to be the non-negotiable thing: no primary. No vote open to party members on who the nomination goes to. The party picks a ticket, and that's that. Vote for them, or don't.

Otherwise, you'll just end up with exactly the same thing we have now: whoever can move the farthest to left or right is who wins the primary vote for the base.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...p-in-venezuela

More priceless drivel from the wonderful D.

United States is at fault not Madura.

Be proud D libs.

The answer is to cut federal government power. Cut federal government spending. Cut federal rules over us. States are more than capable of implementing the same rules and programs, but they will need to be much more accountable and can't print money so they can't run up huge deficits. Americans need to demand it in large majorities and not get caught up in partisan nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Here would have to be the non-negotiable thing: no primary. No vote open to party members on who the nomination goes to. The party picks a ticket, and that's that. Vote for them, or don't.

Otherwise, you'll just end up with exactly the same thing we have now: whoever can move the farthest to left or right is who wins the primary vote for the base.
    Your the wrong guy to ask because you want to give the feds even more power and control.

They have all the power and control they ever need. Now if they just had the right people to lead us in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Cruze has played a part in destroying our grossly incompetent education system. I wish that had been enough to satisfy him. Love that Black-White education gap Minnesota has perfected. Great going libs.
    Kingdom Warriors

Blog Entries

Your option exists. It is right here.

Kingdom Warriors

They have all the power and control they ever need. Now if they just had the right people to lead us in the right direction.
    They want totalitarian power. They don't need ANY power and control. The angels that would need to exist to run your utopian government don't exist. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

What the f'k are you talking about?
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    They want totalitarian power. They don't need ANY power and control. The angels that would need to exist to run your utopian government don't exist. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    The federal government has plenty of power and control to fix the country.