Former 4star TE Penniston, started 10 games for Bucky, to transfer

swingman

Reaction score
UW official confirmed to B5Q on Wednesday that tight end Kyle Penniston is no longer with the Wisconsin Badgers football program and is in the Transfer Portal. This after 247Sports first published their 2019 Transfer Portal Tracker, with Penniston’s name added to the list of players looking to find another college football home.

The move hurts the depth of position coach Mickey Turner’s group. Last season, Penniston played in 13 games, starting 10 of those contests, but caught only three passes for 18 yards with a touchdown with the emergence of redshirt freshman tight end Jake Ferguson.

Ferguson became the receiving target last year many thought Penniston could be, catching 36 passes for 456 yards and four touchdowns in 2018.

A former four-star recruit in the class of 2015 by 247Sports, Rivals and ESPN, he enrolled early and played in 39 career games with 22 starts overall

UW official confirmed to B5Q on Wednesday that tight end Kyle Penniston is no longer with the Wisconsin Badgers football program and is in the Transfer Portal. This after 247Sports first published their 2019 Transfer Portal Tracker, with Penniston’s name added to the list of players looking to find another college football home.

The move hurts the depth of position coach Mickey Turner’s group. Last season, Penniston played in 13 games, starting 10 of those contests, but caught only three passes for 18 yards with a touchdown with the emergence of redshirt freshman tight end Jake Ferguson.

Ferguson became the receiving target last year many thought Penniston could be, catching 36 passes for 456 yards and four touchdowns in 2018.

A former four-star recruit in the class of 2015 by 247Sports, Rivals and ESPN, he enrolled early and played in 39 career games with 22 starts overall

Easy to see why. Ferguson is the A.D. Grandson.

Ferguson is very tall and showed he could hold on to the ball. I think he could run block too at 6 foot 8. It looks like this 4 star guy just got outplayed by Barry's grandson.

It is too bad Minnesota did not hire Donna Shalala and Barry 30 years ago.

Barry was available in the Gutey era, as was Bill Snyder, and I was going to mention Bill McCartney as well, but I just looked him up and he was already at Colorado by 1982, although it took a while for him to turn it around.

That Hayden Fry coaching tree was awfully impressive. I think Iowa might have aimed a little low in hiring Kirk F, as solid as he is. They could have had any of these coaches and Stoops.

Last edited:

Wisconsin cooled on him.

Ferguson is very tall and showed he could hold on to the ball. I think he could run block too at 6 foot 8. It looks like this 4 star guy just got outplayed by Barry's grandson.

It is too bad Minnesota did not hire Donna Shalala and Barry 30 years ago.

Barry was available in the Gutey era, as was Bill Snyder, and I was going to mention Bill McCartney as well, but I just looked him up and he was already at Colorado by 1982, although it took a while for him to turn it around.

That Hayden Fry coaching tree was awfully impressive. I think Iowa might have aimed a little low in hiring Kirk F, as solid as he is. They could have had any of these coaches and Stoops.

Hiring Barry Alvarez would have never happened with the prevailing administration at the U at the time. Shalala was 100% committed to the ascendancy of Badger Athletics.

Top Bottom