Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    That is not all that it is rewarding.
    What is Nebraska being rewarded so heavily for? It's not for winning games. Certainly not for winning games against good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    What is Nebraska being rewarded so heavily for? It's not for winning games. Certainly not for winning games against good teams.
    Told you it is not perfect. They have less quality wins but not by much in 1 and 2. Same amount of bad losses. Their schedule grades higher, the teams they beat played higher, and their efficiency is better. I said a dozen times that i would have the Gophers in and Nebraska out. Your awfully fixated on two teams, IU and Nebraska. Lets say just for fun that those two teams were 56 and 57 in NET. Would you be happy or do you think the Gophers should be ranked as high as any team with 16 wins ? What would you rate the Gophers ?

Told you it is not perfect. They have less quality wins but not by much in 1 and 2. Same amount of bad losses. Their schedule grades higher, the teams they beat played higher, and their efficiency is better. I said a dozen times that i would have the Gophers in and Nebraska out. Your awfully fixated on two teams, IU and Nebraska. Lets say just for fun that those two teams were 56 and 57 in NET. Would you be happy or do you think the Gophers should be ranked as high as any team with 16 wins ? What would you rate the Gophers ?
    Less quality wins but not by much? We have three better wins than they do. Same amount of bad losses.....sure.....but they are failing to beat anyone of note. And why do you keep asking if those teams were ranked below the Gophers? They aren't. They are rated significantly higher. In fact....out of the power conference teams.....our NET ranking at a 16-6 record is the lowest. St. Johns from the Big East is at 45 and Syracuse is at 42.

But answer for Florida while your at it. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...florida-gators

Do they even have a "best" win. Because they rank 40th.

Illinois currently beating Michigan state.
    I assume Indiana will move up in net if Illinois holds on

Boston college up on duke at halftime.

Less quality wins but not by much? We have three better wins than they do. Same amount of bad losses.....sure.....but they are failing to beat anyone of note. And why do you keep asking if those teams were ranked below the Gophers? They aren't. They are rated significantly higher. In fact....out of the power conference teams.....our NET ranking at a 16-6 record is the lowest. St. Johns from the Big East is at 45 and Syracuse is at 42.

But answer for Florida while your at it. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...florida-gators

I still don't understand this "bad loss" stuff. Bad losses shouldn't matter unless you have a bunch of them.

Teams should be judged on whether they can beat good teams especially away from home.

Are you ok in reading comprehension ? I said to pretend that those two teams were lower would you be happy and asked where do you rank the Gophers right now ? Now you scream about other teams that have played way tougher schedules and played better. We have played sloppy a whole bunch in both wins and losses and that factors in . Sorry you do not like it but in all your ability please tell me where would you have the Gophers ? Maybe you have seen all the teams ahead of us several times and think we are better than most of them. There is no wrong answer if if you have not really watched any of them.

Are you ok in reading comprehension ? I said to pretend that those two teams were lower would you be happy and asked where do you rank the Gophers right now ? Now you scream about other teams that have played way tougher schedules and played better. We have played sloppy a whole bunch in both wins and losses and that factors in . Sorry you do not like it but in all your ability please tell me where would you have the Gophers ? Maybe you have seen all the teams ahead of us several times and think we are better than most of them. There is no wrong answer if if you have not really watched any of them.
    It would be a start. It would certainly lend more credibility to NET. But even so, the Gophers should be higher. But you appear to continue avoiding the question about these other teams. Not being able to beat good teams give teams a higher ranking? That's nonsense. Look at Florida's schedule and look at who they've beaten. Tell me how it makes any sense. Argue with it all you want....but again....it's an incredibly flawed system that will no doubt will have to be tweaked.

But look no further than the unknown algorithm behind NET. You seem to be defending it tooth and nail....but the NCAA has only released the five metrics but no algorithm behind those metrics. Why? Most likely because they had no idea how it would shake out. The results so far are less than stellar. Hopefully they will improve by year end.

Blog Entries

MN NET going up with IL win over MSU?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    MN NET going up with IL win over MSU?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    No, because a circular NET calculation loop forms when you both win and lose inefficiently against the same team within a four-week period, and your coach complains about the NET algorithm. This results in a decrease in your team’s NET score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NET formula isn't published anywhere.

What they do release is a marketing infographic that explains components that are factors. (efficiency, wins, loses, where the wins happen, etc).
    But in the end, it appears 90% of it is efficiency, with another 8% on margin of victory. It's the only way to explain why some of these teams are exceeding their Ken Pom rating (which is the defacto efficiency index).

Right now NET isn't complete crap, but it's really close, and it's much worse than RPI.

Ask me where about I'd have the Gophers ranked right now, and I'd say low 30's.
    Ask me where Nebraska should be ranked and I'd say below 90. (And not 33rd). But Nebraska is still 27th in Ken Pom, so there you go.

Guess what, Illinois is ranked 68th in Ken Pom. Anxious to see if their NET jumps up from 98 overnight.

Oh, and look who is getting close to making the tournament with a 71 NET. (Northwestern at 12-10).
    Penn State is incontention as well with a net of 74 at 8-14.

Right now Minnesota is closer to Penn State and Northwestern than they are Iowa or Wofford in NET.

The NCAA crapped the bed when they went public with this metric. It's really pathetic.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

I’m getting really tired of your BS. Go post on another team’s board. You deal in bad faith and it’s getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers612 View Post
    I’m getting really tired of your BS. Go post on another team’s board. You deal in bad faith and it’s getting old
    What is interesting is badgerboy extolls the virtue of squeaky clean and at the same time has praised aw shucks Roy and his unc teams.

Priceless.

Blog Entries

Default Updated B1G NET rankings

Through games played last night (Tuesday).

Michigan #6
    Michigan State #9
    Purdue #11
    Badgers #12
    Iowa #23
    Maryland #24
    Nebraska #33
    Ohio State #36
    Indiana #44
    Gophers #52
    Northwestern #72
    Penn State #76
    Illinois #88
    Rutgers #123

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Through games played last night (Tuesday).

Michigan #6
    Michigan State #9
    Purdue #11
    Badgers #12
    Iowa #23
    Maryland #24
    Nebraska #33
    Ohio State #36
    Indiana #44
    Gophers #52
    Northwestern #72
    Penn State #76
    Illinois #88
    Rutgers #123
    Thanks! If the Gophers win tonight, their net should be around 60 I'd guess.