Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Would love it. UVA would gain tremendously as they have played walk ons and even their manager in too many games to count. They have given away tons of efficiency in the last 3 minutes. Led Florida State 65-36 and played the walk ons and the manager and lost 16-0. Have had several 35-40 point leads, like at Boston College and just let it go, same clemson etc.. They never kept in guys to enhance the final score.
    UVA. UVA. UVA. UVA.

Please go to their board.

READ THIS POST

I like the READ THIS POST disclaimer. It makes it so you don't have to sift through the unimportant posts. As long as we can trust that we won't have people who are on the incorrect side of the arguments using it, we should be fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    UVA. UVA. UVA. UVA.

UVA. UVA. UVA. UVA.

I support this program among several and this is a free board of opinions. Just skip my posts if you hate them.

One note on efficiency rankings. The efficiency rankings are trying to figure out who the best team is. It can be argued that the Committee should be selecting the best "resumes." I could buy into that argument. But the way they're doing it now actually is that. They use NET to get a list of the best teams, and then they use them to pick the best resume based on wins against Q1 and Q2.

And if you don't think KenPom, etc are good systems for determining who the best teams are, I encourage you to quit your job tomorrow morning. These are the basis for gambling lines, and if you know better than the gambling lines, you'll never have to work again in your life. Just go bet against St Mary's and NC State every game and you'll be #howrich

I do not use Ken pom for predictive purposes. I use it to see how teams have played and cross it with film review. Top 20 kenpom every year matches incredibly well with conference title contenders. Never a outlier.

I support this program among several and this is a free board of opinions. Just skip my posts if you hate them.
    I don’t hate them. I think you are a troll.

Over dinner, discussing the NET system we all agreed it had similarities to the point system problems of getting into The Good Place.

I don’t hate them. I think you are a troll.
    Trolls do not write checks to the program for over 50 years. Trolls do not fly back from California for several games a year. Trolls do not lay out facts. Trolls do not cheer for us to win and predict victory at Purdue and still congrats to the team after.

UVA. UVA. UVA. UVA.

Are you done harassing SelectionSunday or is that still going on? I saw on a show on the Oxygen Network that stalkers are rarely fixated on 2 people at one time. That doesn't mean you can't take on builtbadger too if you have the bandwidth, but I think it might be spreading yourself too thin.
    Last edited by WoodburyTim; 02-03-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Although I’m not in love with NET as you are, I enjoy your posts. Keep posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Over dinner, discussing the NET system we all agreed it had similarities to the point system problems of getting into The Good Place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    Are you done harassing SelectionSunday or is that still going on? I saw on a show on the Oxygen Network that stalkers are rarely fixated on 2 people at one time. That doesn't mean you can't take on builtbadger too if you have the bandwidth, but I think it might be spreading yourself too thin.
    Thanks for asking Tim. Bandwidth no issue.

I still prefer RPI over NET.

RPI was solid.
    You knew what the heck would help your score.
    Namely, playing teams who won other conferences and beating them.
    And also winning games.

Very seldom did you have an issue with a coach wondering why their RPI was different than they thought it should have been.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I still prefer RPI over NET.

RPI was solid.
    You knew what the heck would help your score.
    Namely, playing teams who won other conferences and beating them.
    And also winning games.

Very seldom did you have an issue with a coach wondering why their RPI was different than they thought it should have been.
    Coaches hated RPI, they voted for change . None of the top 20 in any metric or poll ever worries about it because they play well so often and pile up not only victories. We were held back by a terrible loss at BC and at Illinois and then the bad fortune of so many of our non con teams ended up sucking. I have watched Oklahoma State several times and they are hot garbage, down 30 yesterday at home ! Utah can not get a good win because they are both not good and only play one good team. That team , Washington is a good team, very well coached and a great hire by the way. Ohio State sucking really hurts too because we were boat raced there. We won huge at UW because of 28 minutes of great defense. We can play with anyone not named Duke when we do that. But we do not do that every time out. The good news is the wonderful opportunities in front of us starting Wednesday. Do not do that and we will not finish tied or ahead of them in any of Pitinos 6 years. Get it done Wednesday.