Femi Cole to Ball State

btowngopher

Reaction score
Per gopher gridiron podcast. Delete if this was already posted.

It was talked about in another thread but Femi-Cole worked hard but just couldn’t quite break through into getting more reps. I’ll be cheering for him next year at Ball State. He is big and strong and should be able to make some noise.

It was talked about in another thread but Femi-Cole worked hard but just couldn’t quite break through into getting more reps. I’ll be cheering for him next year at Ball State. He is big and strong and should be able to make some noise.

Absolutely will be cheering for JFC !!! Just wondering why he didn’t get more of a chance.

Absolutely will be cheering for JFC !!! Just wondering why he didn’t get more of a chance.

my guess is that the coaches that watched him in practice daily believed others were better. Even when he did get reps he was mostly used as a blocker/pass protector. He was passed up by 2 frosh and wasn't even splitting carries. Seems like a good kid but it happens

Burns says Ball State is planning him being a 20 carry a game, workhorse back. Will be interesting to see how he does.

I hope he dominates! We were just too deep at RB, I have no doubt he could have succeeded as a gopher he just wasn't getting his chances. I'm just glad he went someplace where he won't be running over our safety or DB!

Coaches watch these guys everyday and go with the players they think are best. For one reason or another JFC couldn't crack the depth chart but I have no doubt he was given his opportunities in practice and was just beaten out by other players.

Hopefully he goes to Ball State and has a great deal of success but even if he does I don't think that will prove he would have been a success here if only he had been given more carries.

Best of luck to him at BSU.

He didn't get a chance because he wasn't as good as other backs.

I hope averages 10 YPC and scores 40 TDs. I like him.

Rodney Smith
Shannon Brooks
Kobe McCrary
Mo Ibrahim

I was always hoping he would get a chance, but the RB room has been probably been our deepest position over the last few years. Even with the injuries we've had and with the offensive line play we have had at times the running backs have still put up decent numbers.

He will absolutely Ball at Ball state! JFC is a guy that i always hoped would get more looks. when he played he did well but as others stated its hard to take Rod, Shannon, or Mo out of the game.

I hope he does well as a Canadian he may have a future as a depth player in the CFL I'll be rooting for him.

Hope he gets a lot of carries. Always thought with exposure he would have a shot at NFL.

I have a feeling that he is going to do very well for himself at Ball State. Best of luck to him.

Wish him luck.
I'll be checking his stats to see how he does.
Hopefully he does really well for them and gets the carries.

I agree that the two freshmen outplayed him, but at least he got in the game at Wisconsin ( I think) and the bowl game for a few plays.

Maybe he can make an impact at Ball State, and I'll be paying attention when I see KAC games this fall.

I know when I saw him in as a blocking back on a couple of passing plays in the bowl game, I was thinking it would have been nice for the staff to call a couple of runs for him in the fourth quarter.

Top Bottom