What will Jordan Murphy be remembered for?

What will Jordan Murphy be remembered most for?

• His hair. It is iconic.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • His motor. High Motor Murph is alive and well for 2 1/2 seasons.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • The rebounds. #1 all-time in Gopher history, likely #2 all-time in B1G history

Votes: 48 58.5%
  • Mr. Double-Double. His streak his junior year and the sheer # are incredible

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • The fouls. All of them. The good ones, the bad ones, the cheap ones and the flat out stupid ones

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Leading the team to the Sweet 16 as a senior. I know, I know, I know. But I won't rule it out.

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Think it'll take me a long time to forget the sudden, powerful put back dunk at the end of the PSU game. If this season ends up going somewhere that play will loom large. Also seems to possess a lot of positive personal qualities that transcend basketball.

He had a rebound today that was unbelievable. Went up so quickly and had it before anyone else was even off the floor it seemed. Going to miss watching him--he might crack my favorite 5 Gophers.

He had a rebound today that was unbelievable. Went up so quickly and had it before anyone else was even off the floor it seemed. Going to miss watching him--he might crack my favorite 5 Gophers.

I honestly take his quickness to jump for granted so much. He is so quick to rebound and I think maybe only a couple of players have a better second jump than he does. Special special player who we are going to miss next year. I am really excited for senior night to hear the applause he gets.

What I will remember most is how he stuck with the program following the crash and burn of the 2015-16 campaign. With what he showed in is frosh season, he could have bailed and gone anywhere and I would not have blamed him one bit.

Last edited:

What I will remember most is how he stuck with the program following the crash and burn of the 2015-16 campaign. With what he showed in is frosh season, he could have bailed and gone anywhere and I would not have blamed him one bit.

+100

Amen. Showed a lot of character and loyalty to Pitino and the program.

Yeah, that was a ridiculous play.

Was talking about this with the season ticket holder next to my seats yesterday: Has Jordan Murphy ever missed a game?

In checking, I found he has missed ZERO games in his Gopher history. That is an absolutely dumbfounding number with how hard he plays and how many minutes he has played since his freshman year. My answer was that I would remember him for being "High Motor Murph" and the fact he has played with that unstoppable motor for 95% of his collegiate games without missing a single game is amazing.

Was talking about this with the season ticket holder next to my seats yesterday: Has Jordan Murphy ever missed a game?

In checking, I found he has missed ZERO games in his Gopher history. That is an absolutely dumbfounding number with how hard he plays and how many minutes he has played since his freshman year. My answer was that I would remember him for being "High Motor Murph" and the fact he has played with that unstoppable motor for 95% of his collegiate games without missing a single game is amazing.

Interesting point. I'm going to try to see which Gophers have played the most games and minutes.

As I have said before - if there was ever a stat on getting the rebound off your own shot, I'd think he would have set the NCAA record for that. :)
I'm not sure if you are ripping him, but your comment comes close and - if so - doesn't hold water:

2018-19: 50.3 % FG (#2 on the team - my chosen minimum shots ;))
2017-18: 52.5 % FG (#2)
2016-17: 50.2 % FG (#2)
2015-16: 46.1 % FG (#1)

I'm not sure if you are ripping him, but your comment comes close and - if so - doesn't hold water:

2018-19: 50.3 % FG (#2 on the team - my chosen minimum shots ;))
2017-18: 52.5 % FG (#2)
2016-17: 50.2 % FG (#2)
2015-16: 46.1 % FG (#1)

Who was higher than him those years?

As I have said before - if there was ever a stat on getting the rebound off your own shot, I'd think he would have set the NCAA record for that. :)
Ha!! Just listening to the Richard Pitino Show on KFAN and he just joked: "I always tell Murph, if he wasn't allowed to rebound his own miss, he would average 3 rebounds a game." (He was crediting him for not giving up on the play after he shoots.)

Point, BGA!

It's amazing that he will finish second all time in rebounding in the BIG (an AWESOME feat) and most likely won't make an NBA team. College game and pro game are so different.

Last edited:

Top Bottom