View Poll Results: What will Jordan Murphy be remembered most for?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • His hair. It is iconic.

5 6.10%
  • His motor. High Motor Murph is alive and well for 2 1/2 seasons.

4 4.88%
  • The rebounds. #1 all-time in Gopher history, likely #2 all-time in B1G history

48 58.54%
  • Mr. Double-Double. His streak his junior year and the sheer # are incredible

18 21.95%
  • The fouls. All of them. The good ones, the bad ones, the cheap ones and the flat out stupid ones

5 6.10%
  • Leading the team to the Sweet 16 as a senior. I know, I know, I know. But I won't rule it out.

2 2.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What will Jordan Murphy be remembered for?

This is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but we don't have a game to discuss for a few days and I'm not sure I want to continuously relive the shot clock fiasco in Ann Arbor (SCFIAA for short)

So this is my first poll, I will apologize now for it not working as I don't know how this work.

Edit: It worked. Cool!
    Last edited by UpAndUnder43; 01-23-2019 at 10:13 AM.

I voted hair, but in seriousness, obviously the rebounds with a touch of never being able to stay out of foul trouble.

The rebounds will be the first thing that comes to mind until another player comes along that piles up a lot of double doubles at which point Murphy's numbers in that department will come back out and we will all remember how a double double was basically just a typical day at the office for Murph most of the time.

1. Rebounds
    1A. Inability to develop a consistent mid range jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    The rebounds will be the first thing that comes to mind until another player comes along that piles up a lot of double doubles at which point Murphy's numbers in that department will come back out and we will all remember how a double double was basically just a typical day at the office for Murph most of the time.
    I believe Murphy recorded his 57th double double last night. He has played 116 games. That is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    1. Rebounds
    Exactly my thoughts. Kid is the one of the most tenacious rebounders I have seen. It is so unfortunate that he cannot shoot OR that he isn't 6-9. If he was 6-9 he would be darn near unstoppable. At 6-6 it's tough without a jump shot. Great kid.

As I have said before - if there was ever a stat on getting the rebound off your own shot, I'd think he would have set the NCAA record for that.

Junk yard dog!

Boards

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    1. Rebounds
    I love Murphy. But last night, as with every game this season, he could have taken uncontested set shots from the elbow on any possession he wanted. Instead, her performed "The Murph" - drive, spin, put the ball right into the long arms of someone four inches taller.

I'll remember him for his ability to disappear despite that large frame.

with his whole "look" - the hair, the beard, the smile - I see Murphy as the world's biggest Muppet. If I had any artistic ability, I would make a poster or t-shirt with Murphy as a Muppet - named "Rebound," of course.

He would fit right in with Fozzie, kermit and the rest of the gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    I'll remember him for his ability to disappear despite that large frame.
    Despite that large frame? He's very undersized for his position. Almost all college players disappear in tons of games. Think about how many they play.

I appreciate people playing along with this somewhat dumb poll.

In 10 years, I believe I'll remember Murphy as a guy I loved watching play, even though he had deficiencies. Its been a long time since I questioned his work ethic and motor. What he has done as an undersized and truthfully under skilled player is nothing short of amazing. I doubt I'll see as prolific a rebounder for the Gophers again in my lifetime and I'm not super old (but I am unhealthy)

Feel for Murphy.

If there were two players on the team better than him he would be the best third best player on a gopher team in history.

As it is he is an okay #1/2 with Coffey.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Feel for Murphy.

If there were two players on the team better than him he would be the best third best player on a gopher team in history.

As it is he is an okay #1/2 with Coffey.
    I think he is much better than OK...