Last 12 Games

Can someone explain the necessity of reaching the 10 win mark or reaching a win total of "x" games in general when it comes to selection. For example, if we lost all of our remaining games except for crushing Michigan and Purdue (hypothetically), why would that not be weighed comparably to beating a larger quantity of lesser teams.

Well the reason i said 10 was that will at least get us to .500 in conference. Every game under that and your really taking a risk on making tourney! Yes winning those 2 games would be huge, but if we only won those we would be 8-12 in big ten! We would have some good wins, but so do other teams. 4 games under in conference isnt gonna do it.

Ouch...just Ouch!!

2 home games up next....gotta win those...gotta

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If they can somehow win the next two at home, I think I'd like their chances to get a 2-2 split in the last 4. We know for sure that we'll have to beat one of the three ranked teams from here on - so be it. There is talent to make it happen.

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1) so far 1-0
Illinois @ home - W 86-75
@ Rutgers - W - This will be close
@ NW - W - This should be in the bag IMO.
Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups: (needed record 2-2, so far 1-1)
Iowa - W - 87-92 - Iowa again brought out the best of our offense.
Wisconsin - L - 56-51 - Can't win if you can't shoot.
Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games: Need to go 1-3; So far 0-3
@ Nebraska - L - 61-62 - What can I possibly say?
@ Michigan State - L - 79-55, Never really thought we had a chance here.
@ Purdue - L - 63-73 10 point loss - probably drop us like a rock in NET
@ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

2-4 so far in quest for 6-6. Wow.

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1) so far 1-0
Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

@ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

2-4 so far in quest for 6-6. Wow.

Purdue and Michigan, even at home, are not “toss ups.” And that’s been the case for a while, not because we’ve lost a few.

@NW/@Rutgers are the toss-ups.

Back on track.. MI is a big game!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1) so far 2-0
Indiana - W - 63-84 Shooting shows up for Gophers!

3-4 so far in quest for 6-6. Wow.

I didn't consider last night a MUST win, but was a missed opportunity none the less. Michigan is a really good team. Their defense is spectacular!!
Biggest difference between this game and the last time we played them....Michigan hit 3s..lots of them.

That being said.....
We gotta win 3 of the next 4 and 3 of those games are on the road and the home game is against Purdue.

I think by the end of the regular season they will still need a BigTen tourney win to be in the 64.

food for thought - we can bash the players and the coach all day long, but in the end, they are still our team! GO GOPHERS!!

One down and one win to go. (maybe 2)

Purdue is beatable at home on Sr. night! I will be there!

Go Gophers

One down and one win to go. (maybe 2)

Purdue is beatable at home on Sr. night! I will be there!

Go Gophers

My foggy memories of senior night and meaningful games brings up bad images. Lots of emotion and tension, and often not great performances. I really hope Dupree and Murph are able to have the games of their lives and lead to us to a great win. Boilers are due for a conference toe stub. They've held on or made mad comebacks several times. They are due to give one of those up. Tuesday would be a good time to do it.

Top Bottom