Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last 12 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Favored: (Needed Record 3-1)
    Illinois @ home - w - Can't see a bad game after the debacle @ Illinois
    @ Rutgers - W - This will be close
    @ NW - W - This should be in the bag IMO.
    Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups: (needed record 2-2, so far 1-0)
    Iowa - W - 87-92 - Iowa again brought out the best of our offense.
    Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Purdue - L - See @ Michigan State
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

After yesterday we are 1-0 and picked up a valuable toss-up game victory!
    A road conference game and "in the bag" dont go hand in hand with this program. Northwestern will be tough to beat and i wouldn't doubt that they'd be favored.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1)
    Illinois @ home - w - Can't see a bad game after the debacle @ Illinois
    Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

It would be a young generation, as the Gophers did win in East Lansing as recently as 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    Can we go 6-6 and be a bubble team? Here is how I see it.

Iowa - W this one will be really tough (home)
    Illinois - W (Home)
    Purdue - L
    Wisconsin - Toss up(Home)(I'll call this a W)
    Mich. State - L
    Nebraska - L
    Indiana - W (Home)
    Michigan - L (Home)
    Rutgers - W trap game. Rutgers is tough at home
    Northwestern - W (tough road game)
    Purdue - L (home)
    Maryland - L

They better win the close ones
    Nebraska just lost there 2nd leading scorer for the season. They are struggling down as of late. Changing this game to a W.

Nebraska just lost there 2nd leading scorer for the season. They are struggling down as of late. Changing this game to a W.
    At this point I would agree. We'll have to see how they adjust. Brady Heiman is no Copeland but he might play well enough if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ope3 View Post
    It would be a young generation, as the Gophers did win in East Lansing as recently as 2015.
    Yes, the squirrel's most memorable night as a Gopher. Four point play to get it to OT if I recall.

Nice win tonight against IL.

If we can steal 1 in the next three games I'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1) so far 1-0
    Illinois @ home - W 86-75

Dog games:

2-0 so far in the final 12! That Rutgers game is looking harder by the day.

Nice win tonight against IL.

If we can steal 1 in the next three games I'll be happy.
    The home game against Wisconsin would not be stealing one. We will be favored and need to win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    The home game against Wisconsin would not be stealing one. We will be favored and need to win that game.
    We will not be favored. We will be 3 to 4 point underdogs.
    Occasionally blogs in-season at http://www.stillgothope.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fryguy22 View Post
    Yup

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not is we hold serve before the game. Vegas is not wowed by the Badger factor which keeps them ranked higher than they deserve. They will factor in Pitino's invention of "HackaHapp" defense.

Gophers will be favored by 1-3 pts.

Not is we hold serve before the game. Vegas is not wowed by the Badger factor which keeps them ranked higher than they deserve. They will factor in Pitino's invention of "HackaHapp" defense.

Gophers will be favored by 1-3 pts.
    I also believe the Gophers will be favored in that one. After all, they have already won at Wisconsin, and, aside from the win against Michigan, the Badgers have not exactly been world-beaters. Their next few games will tell the tale of their season, much like the Gophers and many other teams.

Blog Entries

I would love to take 2 of 3. Is that too much to wish for?
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I would love to take 2 of 3. Is that too much to wish for?
    that's would AWESOME!! but it would be a very tough road