Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 12 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    Indiana is playing very poorly right now
    true, they are not good right now....but I always get nervous against NW....seems they always give us trouble.

Indiana is playing very poorly right now
    And suspended their 4th leading scorer.

Blog Entries

After this weekend big10 teams should start separating themselves from one another.

Huge game for the Gophers this weekend. Gotta beat Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    Big Ten may get 9-10 teams in the ncaa it is the deepest B1G in quite a while. We would get in going 6-6, no bubble.
    I agree we should be a bubble team if we are 10-10 and probably get in. 10 (or even 9) teams from the Big Ten should not get in. The fact that the conference is one of the better rated ones doesn't mean much because its numerical advantage over those immediately below it is immaterial. One only has to look at the standings and the eye test while watching games to understand that this conference is not stacked with "great" teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Gophers might even sweep Boilers.
    I'm not sure what causes you to regard Purdue so lightly. Their record isn't so impressive but they've played one of the toughest schedules in the country and all of their losses except for Michigan State were close. Granted, they've caught some conference teams at the right time, but they're 6-2 in the conference. They have one of the best coaches and one of the most dynamic players in the conference. They have good shooters, a solid 1-2 punch at the center position, and not much in the way of weak spots in their rotation. And just by the way of the eye test, their team play looks like one of the best in the conference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    I'm not sure what causes you to regard Purdue so lightly. Their record isn't so impressive but they've played one of the toughest schedules in the country and all of their losses except for Michigan State were close. Granted, they've caught some conference teams at the right time, but they're 6-2 in the conference. They have one of the best coaches and one of the most dynamic players in the conference. They have good shooters, a solid 1-2 punch at the center position, and not much in the way of weak spots in their rotation. And just by the way of the eye test, their team play looks like one of the best in the conference.
    I agree! Anything can happen, but no way we win at Mackey! Have to win that home game.

7. Default

After this weekend big10 teams should start separating themselves from one another.

Huge game for the Gophers this weekend. Gotta beat Iowa.

Iowa's zone will likely cause the Gophers problems. Maybe the guys will shoot 3's well.

Iowa has lots of weapons and can score.

Blog Entries

First one down....5 to go

Blog Entries

Easiest to hardest, I'd rank the last 12:

1. Illinois
    2. Indiana
    3. @Rutgers
    4. Purdue
    5. Iowa
    6. @NW
    7. Wisconsin
    8. @Nebraska
    9. Michigan
    10. @Maryland
    11. @Purdue
    12. @MSU

Good win today. Wednesday still pretty much a must win though.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post

1. Illinois
    2. Indiana
    3. @Rutgers
    4. Purdue
    5. Iowa
    6. @NW
    7. Wisconsin
    8. @Nebraska
    9. Michigan
    10. @Maryland
    11. @Purdue
    12. @MSU

The Purdue game at home will be much harder than the UW game, it’s easily the 2nd toughest home game left on the schedule.

Thankfully we do play way better at home though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    The Purdue game at home will be much harder than the UW game, it’s easily the 2nd toughest home game left on the schedule.

Thankfully we do play way better at home though.
    Maybe. Purdue is playing great right now, but we don't play them at home for several weeks. I just feel like Wisconsin will be out for blood and when is the last time we swept them?

People keep saying how Illinois is a easy win. U kidding me? We don’t match up with that team at all. I expect another loss on Wednesday. We have a better shot at Purdue than beating Illinois. Nobody pressure the ball more Illinois. Did Coffey get dribbling lessons in the last week we don’t know about? They double the post entries another problem and over play the wings.

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1)
    Illinois @ home - w - Can't see a bad game after the debacle @ Illinois
    @ Rutgers - W - This will be close
    @ NW - W - This should be in the bag IMO.
    Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups: (needed record 2-2, so far 1-0)
    Iowa - W - 87-92 - Iowa again brought out the best of our offense.
    Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Purdue - L - See @ Michigan State
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

After yesterday we are 1-0 and picked up a valuable toss-up game victory!

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post

1. Illinois
    2. Indiana
    3. @Rutgers
    4. Purdue
    5. Iowa
    6. @NW
    7. Wisconsin
    8. @Nebraska
    9. Michigan
    10. @Maryland
    11. @Purdue
    12. @MSU

Not sure about this list. Illinois beat Maryland @ Maryland on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Not sure about this list. Illinois beat Maryland @ Maryland on Saturday.
    It was actually at Madison Square Garden, just FYI