Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Last 12 Games

I think the Gophers go 4-2 in their next 6. I dunno why I think this. Would take a road win or two. But its doable. And I think it happens. That would put us in a VERY good spot going into the final few games.

Blog Entries

Tough one today. Purdue is a pretty darn good team and at home they are better....but so are we. Bring on Whisky

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1) so far 1-0
    Illinois @ home - W 86-75
    @ Rutgers - W - This will be close
    @ NW - W - This should be in the bag IMO.
    Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups: (needed record 2-2, so far 1-0)
    Iowa - W - 87-92 - Iowa again brought out the best of our offense.
    Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games: Need to go 1-3; So far 0-1
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Purdue - L - 63-73 10 point loss - probably drop us like a rock in NET
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

2-1 so far in quest for 6-6. Tough games coming up against Whisky and @Michigan State. Several other opponents looking easier and easier by the game.
    Last edited by Otis; 02-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Net today 53

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    Net today 53
    Still ridiculous. No way there are 52 better teams nationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Another tough loss. Still 4 or 5 winnable games left.

Mistakes need to be few

Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups: (needed record 2-2, so far 1-1)
    Wisconsin - L - 56 - 51 - Gophers couldn't hit the ocean from a boat on threes.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games: Need to go 1-3; So far 0-1
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

2-2 so far in quest for 6-6.@Michigan State coming off a 3 game losing streak and our 2 gamer. Something has to give! Still on track even if we lose the next one.

Looking at the last 8 games- we have plenty of opportunity to finish 10-10 or better:

We have 4 lower division teams on our schedule - 3 on the road but we need to win 3 of 4 somehow. Two wins in that group works only if we take care of business at home.

We have a chance to get great wins at home with Michigan and Purdue. The best way to get in the tourney is to beat those two. Our record against ranked teams would be hard to overlook. Win both and I think we could even get in at 9-11.

Really tough games- Maryland on the road and Michigan State on the road. Maybe, we could beat Maryland, I just can't see it happening against MSU so I have that one in the books as a loss and I won't panic if that happens.

Lots of chances left!!!

Blog Entries

MSU has lost 2 in a row. I can only imagine how much Izzo is going to have them prepped for this game. again ….gotta defend the 3.

Blog Entries

3 loses against 3 ranked teams. Most likely teams 1, 2 and 4 at the end of the year in the regular season standings.

It's tough to swallow and even harder to stay positive (even for me).

Let's hope they dismantle the Huskers

GO GOPHERS!!!!

Wisconsin - L - 56-51 - Can't win if you can't shoot.

Dog games: Need to go 1-3; So far 0-2
    @ Michigan State - L - 79-55, Never really thought we had a chance here.

2-3 so far in quest for 6-6. Favored road game on Wed is pretty much a must win at this point.
    Last edited by Otis; 02-12-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Wisconsin - L - 56-51 - Can't win if you can't shoot.

Dog games: Need to go 1-3; So far 0-2
    @ Michigan State - L - 79-55, Never really thought we had a chance here.

2-3 so far in quest for 6-6. Favored road game on Wed is pretty much a must win at this point.
    I suspect Gophers will be underdog in Lincoln (3-5 points?).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    I suspect Gophers will be underdog in Lincoln (3-5 points?).
    I don't see us being a favorite in any of our games rest of way except for indiana at home. I think we can win 5 of our 7 games, but probably unlikely. Somehow get me to 10 games.

Blog Entries

KenPom says it’ll be Nebraska -7 but this is probably one of those times where the books’ algorithms are a bit different or they manually adjust. Agree that it’ll be Nebraska by 3-5.

Can someone explain the necessity of reaching the 10 win mark or reaching a win total of "x" games in general when it comes to selection. For example, if we lost all of our remaining games except for crushing Michigan and Purdue (hypothetically), why would that not be weighed comparably to beating a larger quantity of lesser teams.