Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 12 Games

Default Last 12 Games

Can we go 6-6 and be a bubble team? Here is how I see it.

Iowa - W this one will be really tough (home)
    Illinois - W (Home)
    Purdue - L
    Wisconsin - Toss up(Home)(I'll call this a W)
    Mich. State - L
    Nebraska - W (change to W, due to loss of Copeland)
    Indiana - W (Home)
    Michigan - L (Home)
    Rutgers - W trap game. Rutgers is tough at home
    Northwestern - W (tough road game)
    Purdue - L (home)
    Maryland - L

They better win the close ones
    Last edited by Gopherbbdude; 01-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.

It'll be tough, but I'd give us slightly below 50% odds of getting to 10-10 in the league.

Games like last night show we are capable of springing a surprise or two...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post

Illinois - W (Home)
    Purdue - L
    Mich. State - L
    Nebraska - L
    Indiana - W (Home)
    Michigan - L (Home)
    Purdue - L (home)
    Maryland - L

Definitely doable, but certainly not easy.

My one "call" would be we won't lose at home to Purdue. Gophers might even sweep Boilers.

More worried about Wisconsin turning the favor, beating us at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Definitely doable, but certainly not easy.

My one "call" would be we won't lose at home to Purdue. Gophers might even sweep Boilers.

More worried about Wisconsin turning the favor, beating us at home.
    if we sweep Purdue we will get 11 b10 wins. Purdue is playing really well right now

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post

Illinois - W (Home)
    Purdue - L
    Mich. State - L
    Nebraska - L
    Indiana - W (Home)
    Michigan - L (Home)
    Purdue - L (home)
    Maryland - L

Lots of tough games. Her is the breakdown:

Favored:
    Illinois @ home - w - Can't see a bad game after the debacle @ Illinois
    @ Rutgers - W - This will be close
    @ NW - W - This should be in the bag.
    Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups:
    Iowa - ??? - Go only knows on this one. Both teams wildly inconsistent.
    Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Purdue - L - See @ Michigan State
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

So a 6-6 finish to go 10-10 in the conference. I'd also give us a 70% chance of not going 6-6, but I have no idea which direction I'd go with regards to more wins or less wins!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Favored:
    Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups:
    Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
    Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
    Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
    @ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
    @ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
    @ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

So a 6-6 finish to go 10-10 in the conference. I'd also give us a 70% chance of not going 6-6, but I have no idea which direction I'd go with regards to more wins or less wins!
    Gophers won at MSU 4 seasons ago, Purdue 2 seasons ago. And no game, especially on the road, is "in the bag" for our Gopher program!

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Gophers won at MSU 4 seasons ago, Purdue 2 seasons ago. And no game, especially on the road, is "in the bag" for our Gopher program!
    Well, That move @MSU and @Purdue even further into the "Lock it in Loss" column.

Itd be really nice to get that Iowa win. That leaves us a "should win" against Illinois away from being 2 games above .500. Much rather be defending a "lead" over .500 than constantly trying to scratch our way to .500.

Big Ten may get 9-10 teams in the ncaa it is the deepest B1G in quite a while. We would get in going 6-6, no bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Favored:

Toss-ups:

Dog games:

Our record at Northwestern is poor. It's hard to see this game as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    Big Ten may get 9-10 teams in the ncaa it is the deepest B1G in quite a while. We would get in going 6-6, no bubble.
    I agree with this. A lot of people won't, but I do.

With Curry getting better - he can hit a three and keep ortuto fresh - we will win all home games and one roadie!

10-10 should do it, 9-11 is real trouble. SEVERAL of the PROJECTED 10 teams are in trouble now. Nebraska, Indiana and OSU could be in that 8-9 win range and not get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Our record at Northwestern is poor. It's hard to see this game as a win.
    Yea, totally ridiculous to claim the game at NW is "in the bag". Especially after watching them take down Indiana last night with relative ease

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Yea, totally ridiculous to claim the game at NW is "in the bag". Especially after watching them take down Indiana last night with relative ease
    Indiana is playing very poorly right now