Last 12 Games

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
Can we go 6-6 and be a bubble team? Here is how I see it.

Iowa - W this one will be really tough (home)
Illinois - W (Home)
Purdue - L
Wisconsin - Toss up(Home)(I'll call this a W)
Mich. State - L
Nebraska - W (change to W, due to loss of Copeland)
Indiana - W (Home)
Michigan - L (Home)
Rutgers - W trap game. Rutgers is tough at home
Northwestern - W (tough road game)
Purdue - L (home)
Maryland - L

They better win the close ones

Last edited:

It'll be tough, but I'd give us slightly below 50% odds of getting to 10-10 in the league.

Games like last night show we are capable of springing a surprise or two...

Illinois - W (Home)
Purdue - L
Mich. State - L
Nebraska - L
Indiana - W (Home)
Michigan - L (Home)
Purdue - L (home)
Maryland - L

Definitely doable, but certainly not easy.

My one "call" would be we won't lose at home to Purdue. Gophers might even sweep Boilers.

More worried about Wisconsin turning the favor, beating us at home.

Definitely doable, but certainly not easy.

My one "call" would be we won't lose at home to Purdue. Gophers might even sweep Boilers.

More worried about Wisconsin turning the favor, beating us at home.

if we sweep Purdue we will get 11 b10 wins. Purdue is playing really well right now

Illinois - W (Home)
Purdue - L
Mich. State - L
Nebraska - L
Indiana - W (Home)
Michigan - L (Home)
Purdue - L (home)
Maryland - L

Lots of tough games. Her is the breakdown:

Favored:
Illinois @ home - w - Can't see a bad game after the debacle @ Illinois
@ Rutgers - W - This will be close
@ NW - W - This should be in the bag.
Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups:
Iowa - ??? - Go only knows on this one. Both teams wildly inconsistent.
Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
@ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
@ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
@ Purdue - L - See @ Michigan State
@ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

So a 6-6 finish to go 10-10 in the conference. I'd also give us a 70% chance of not going 6-6, but I have no idea which direction I'd go with regards to more wins or less wins!

Favored:
Indiana - W - There is an established game plan to beat Romeo and I think Pitino will use it.

Toss-ups:
Wisconsin - ??? - Shut down Happ and take your chances. I almost put this in the favored category.
Purdue - ??? - No clue. Both teams can play well and poorly, sometimes at the same time.
Michigan - ??? - Last night says we should do well at home. History says different. Still rather have the "Jug" at stake here than in football.

Dog games:
@ Nebraska - ??? - I feel we could win at Nebraska but don't think we can get the sweep.
@ Michigan State - L - We are due for a "generational" win at East Lansing, just don't see it happening here.
@ Maryland - ??? - We play pretty well at the X-finity, err COMCAST, err What is that stadium in College Park called? I may be at this game too, and the Gophers have always played well in basketball when I attend!

I'm going to with a 3-1 record in the favored games, a 2-2 record in the toss-ups, and a 1-3 record in the dog section.

So a 6-6 finish to go 10-10 in the conference. I'd also give us a 70% chance of not going 6-6, but I have no idea which direction I'd go with regards to more wins or less wins!

Gophers won at MSU 4 seasons ago, Purdue 2 seasons ago. And no game, especially on the road, is "in the bag" for our Gopher program!

Gophers won at MSU 4 seasons ago, Purdue 2 seasons ago. And no game, especially on the road, is "in the bag" for our Gopher program!

Well, That move @MSU and @Purdue even further into the "Lock it in Loss" column.

Itd be really nice to get that Iowa win. That leaves us a "should win" against Illinois away from being 2 games above .500. Much rather be defending a "lead" over .500 than constantly trying to scratch our way to .500.

Big Ten may get 9-10 teams in the ncaa it is the deepest B1G in quite a while. We would get in going 6-6, no bubble.

Favored:

Toss-ups:

Dog games:

Our record at Northwestern is poor. It's hard to see this game as a win.

With Curry getting better - he can hit a three and keep ortuto fresh - we will win all home games and one roadie!

10-10 should do it, 9-11 is real trouble. SEVERAL of the PROJECTED 10 teams are in trouble now. Nebraska, Indiana and OSU could be in that 8-9 win range and not get in.

Our record at Northwestern is poor. It's hard to see this game as a win.

Yea, totally ridiculous to claim the game at NW is "in the bag". Especially after watching them take down Indiana last night with relative ease

After this weekend big10 teams should start separating themselves from one another.

Huge game for the Gophers this weekend. Gotta beat Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Big Ten may get 9-10 teams in the ncaa it is the deepest B1G in quite a while. We would get in going 6-6, no bubble.

I agree we should be a bubble team if we are 10-10 and probably get in. 10 (or even 9) teams from the Big Ten should not get in. The fact that the conference is one of the better rated ones doesn't mean much because its numerical advantage over those immediately below it is immaterial. One only has to look at the standings and the eye test while watching games to understand that this conference is not stacked with "great" teams.

Gophers might even sweep Boilers.

I'm not sure what causes you to regard Purdue so lightly. Their record isn't so impressive but they've played one of the toughest schedules in the country and all of their losses except for Michigan State were close. Granted, they've caught some conference teams at the right time, but they're 6-2 in the conference. They have one of the best coaches and one of the most dynamic players in the conference. They have good shooters, a solid 1-2 punch at the center position, and not much in the way of weak spots in their rotation. And just by the way of the eye test, their team play looks like one of the best in the conference.

I'm not sure what causes you to regard Purdue so lightly. Their record isn't so impressive but they've played one of the toughest schedules in the country and all of their losses except for Michigan State were close. Granted, they've caught some conference teams at the right time, but they're 6-2 in the conference. They have one of the best coaches and one of the most dynamic players in the conference. They have good shooters, a solid 1-2 punch at the center position, and not much in the way of weak spots in their rotation. And just by the way of the eye test, their team play looks like one of the best in the conference.

I agree! Anything can happen, but no way we win at Mackey! Have to win that home game.

After this weekend big10 teams should start separating themselves from one another.

Huge game for the Gophers this weekend. Gotta beat Iowa.

Iowa's zone will likely cause the Gophers problems. Maybe the guys will shoot 3's well.

Iowa has lots of weapons and can score.

First one down....5 to go

Easiest to hardest, I'd rank the last 12:

1. Illinois
2. Indiana
3. @Rutgers
4. Purdue
5. Iowa
6. @NW
7. Wisconsin
8. @Nebraska
9. Michigan
10. @Maryland
11. @Purdue
12. @MSU

Good win today. Wednesday still pretty much a must win though.

1. Illinois
2. Indiana
3. @Rutgers
4. Purdue
5. Iowa
6. @NW
7. Wisconsin
8. @Nebraska
9. Michigan
10. @Maryland
11. @Purdue
12. @MSU

The Purdue game at home will be much harder than the UW game, it’s easily the 2nd toughest home game left on the schedule.

Thankfully we do play way better at home though.

The Purdue game at home will be much harder than the UW game, it’s easily the 2nd toughest home game left on the schedule.

Thankfully we do play way better at home though.

Maybe. Purdue is playing great right now, but we don't play them at home for several weeks. I just feel like Wisconsin will be out for blood and when is the last time we swept them?

People keep saying how Illinois is a easy win. U kidding me? We don’t match up with that team at all. I expect another loss on Wednesday. We have a better shot at Purdue than beating Illinois. Nobody pressure the ball more Illinois. Did Coffey get dribbling lessons in the last week we don’t know about? They double the post entries another problem and over play the wings.

Favored: (Needed Record 3-1)
@ NW - W - This should be in the bag IMO.

Toss-ups: (needed record 2-2, so far 1-0)
Iowa - W - 87-92 - Iowa again brought out the best of our offense.

Dog games:

After yesterday we are 1-0 and picked up a valuable toss-up game victory!

1. Illinois
2. Indiana
3. @Rutgers
4. Purdue
5. Iowa
6. @NW
7. Wisconsin
8. @Nebraska
9. Michigan
10. @Maryland
11. @Purdue
12. @MSU

Not sure about this list. Illinois beat Maryland @ Maryland on Saturday.

Top Bottom