Wayzeta TE Nick Kallerup commits as PWO

die hard gopher

Reaction score
6-5, 237 pound TE. Had 34 catches for 647 yards, 7 TD's this year against 6A competition. Has an offer from South Dakota

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7977238/5bccbbd157984f0e10aeb9d6' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems like another good PWO. Welcome Nick!

In my opinion, it's a smart move for these kids (especially Metro kids) who have offers from the Dakotas/MVFC programs but want to give it a chance at a P5 school, to walk-on. Assuming the family can afford it (but even if they can't, they can apply for FAFSA aid while a walk-on).

Give it a shot for 2-3 years, and if it's not working, you can always transfer back to the Dakota school and likely have a great chance to compete for playing time.

Big kid that can be transitioned to DE or OL. Great pick up.

I really dont see him being moved. Looking at the tape, he has tremendous hands. Love the pick up!

I really like this as a PWO add. If we aren't going to utilize TE's a ton, maybe grabbing some as walk-ons as opposed to using scholarships every year for a TE might be smart. Not saying we should completely neglect the TE position as I think that having a really solid blocking TE can be a nice asset.

I really like this as a PWO add. If we aren't going to utilize TE's a ton, maybe grabbing some as walk-ons as opposed to using scholarships every year for a TE might be smart. Not saying we should completely neglect the TE position as I think that having a really solid blocking TE can be a nice asset.

Yep. To me his film really isn't that far off from Beebe's, Kiefts, Bursch's or other scholarship TE's we've had with the exception of Spann-Ford.

Yep. To me his film really isn't that far off from Beebe's, Kiefts, Bursch's or other scholarship TE's we've had with the exception of Spann-Ford.

I'd agree with that 100%. I wouldn't mind spending a schollie on a TE recruit that is really talented but if we are going to get pretty middle of the road recruits I don't think there is any reason we cant recruit and develop local guys with similar abilities or size for PWO positions.

He looks like a scholie player to me. What a bonus to get him as a PWO. Great hands, good moves, good blocker, seemingly good speed. I think he has great potential.

"The best way to judge a team's talent isn't to look at the star recruits, but to look at the quality of the walk-ons."
Dennis Franchione

Versatile player - TE, LS, and OL.

I'm really liking this walk on group. Welcome aboard Nick!

Surprised he took to Twitter to commit and didn't just Kall 'er up.

I'll show myself out.

Top Bottom