***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

TO’s and Coffey forcing things a bit of a problem.

The clocks aren’t synced and the digit doesn’t change from 1 to 0 instantaneously. That’s why.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it was just out of his fingers when the digit was in the middle of hanging to 0.
Gabe k’s shot Went through the net at 31.1
The mistake was not reviewing after Gabe’s shot

They put the ball in play with a .9 differential and he released it at .8

Broken shot clock correct once a day for michigan

This game will raise the Gophers Net

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If IW doesn’t play, we win!

There was 30.9 when the possession began and 0.8 when he still had it in his hand. How is that NOT a shot clock violation?

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy. I think it is gross incompetence

I'm going to start a petition to have the conference replay the end of the game. Who's with me?

Well, at least there is no salt to be poured in the wound... right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Somehow the differential went from 30.9/30 in the out-of-bounds to .7 seconds differential after the timeout.

Honestly, I'd foul the big guy and take my chances. At least get the ball back with a chance to win.

I still say this against this opponent. Even if they go to OT, our odds of winning are less than 50%. I'd rather have one shot to win the game.

Wish we would have gone with the Wisconsin game model and not played Washington after starting out the way we did, he is just too inconsistent to risk your momentum on, he is the guy you want to bring in when you are struggling and need some sort of a spark plug, not when you are trying to protect a lead

Last edited:

Exactly. I just got on here to pointy that out. When the clock stopped after our last basket the game clock was 30.9. Both clocks must be start at same time after that. But then somehow when the final shot was released there was only about 0.7 difference. At 0.9 the ball was still in his hand so that means they had more than 30 seconds.

Not tonight it isn’t , I like the kid except for tonight.
I understand....but it was a team failure....not scoring a point in the 2nd half for what 6 1/2 minutes wasn't a contributor?

Last edited:

Too much of a scoring drought in the 2nd half, and too many missed rebound opportunities, but I'm really inspired by their effort. If they can build on this - especially their stellar defense in the 1st half and down the stretch in the 2nd half - this team can go places. Like they did within this game, gotta keep fighting!

Once again the problem is the terrible stretches. You can't get outscored 23-3 or whatever it was and expect to win. They look so incompetent on offense at times. Where was the inside game in the 2nd half?

But it was nice to see the comeback. I thought it was going to turn into a blowout.

It was quite an effort late, if only they had played D as hard as they did the final 5 minutes the rest of the second half, they were as good as Michigan was tonight.

Far too many careless turnovers. IW did not help us in this game. I had higher hopes for him in this game.

Wish we would have gone with the Wisconsin game model and not played Washington after starting out the way we did, he is just too inconsistent to risk your momentum on, he is the guy you want to bring in when you are struggling and need some sort of a spark plug, not when you are trying to protect a lead

Stop blaming IW. Oturu’s play turned the tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnovers killed us -- Murphy 4, Oturu 3, Washington 5.
Two fouls on 3 pointers
Defensive rebounding lapses in 2nd half
Definitely a game that was winnable.

Too much of a scoring drought in the 2nd half, and too many missed rebound opportunities, but I'm really inspired by their effort. If they can build on this - especially their stellar defense in the 1st half and down the stretch in the 2nd half - this team can go places. Like they did within this game, gotta keep fighting!

Yup- this kind of effort would have beaten Illinois.

Top Bottom