***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
If we want a statement win for the resume, tonight would be a fun way to get it. Huge opportunity and a daunting one no doubt, but why not us? Worse teams than us will upset a top 10 team this year, so why not make ourselves part of the party. Keep the game close through halftime and then anything can happen. We need to hit a few 3s, stay out of foul trouble and limit their second half points.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would go a long way towards silencing doubters and getting into the NCAA tourney. Statement wins are a thing, even if we haven’t had one for a while.

Need a lot of guys to play well to win this.

I turned the Illinois game off early, like 13 minutes left in the first half. Hoping this one stays close throughout and the Gophers get a big road win before playing Iowa at The Barn on Sunday!

Havent watched much Michigan this season so looked at their stats. Looks like they have Simpson, Teske, and the four app. 6'6" guys who pretty much do all their scoring. Looks like we definitely want to limit the threes from Livers and Poole. Simpson and Teske each shoot free throws a little over 50% so that could help. Their bench big guys dont have great stats so Teske in foul trouble likely would help us as well.

Last edited:

Last time I checked Rickey Green, Campy Russell, and Roy Tarpley will not be donning the maize and blue tonight; and they most certainly won't be coached by Bill Frieder. However, they still have enough firepower to down our Gophers by 10 tonight: 74-64.

Last time I checked Rickey Green, Campy Russell, and Roy Tarpley will not be donning the maize and blue tonight; and they most certainly won't be coached by Bill Frieder.

I wish Frieder was coaching tonight, he was kinda horrible.
Against Wisconsin we played some inspired defense and the Badgers just plain shot the ball poorly. The rims were unkind. Unkind rims for Michigan and more inspired D from the Gophs is what I would like to see this evening. And about 7 or 8 threes for Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we want a statement win for the resume, tonight would be a fun way to get it. Huge opportunity and a daunting one no doubt, but why not us? Worse teams than us will upset a top 10 team this year, so why not make ourselves part of the party. Keep the game close through halftime and then anything can happen. We need to hit a few 3s, stay out of foul trouble and limit their second half points.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iam all in on this. What a great opportunity against a master level coach.

Las Vegas betting line.... MI -12 1/2. O/U 137

Well, this game should end up 78-56 for Michigan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good, Hummel. Crispin makes my ears hurt, never stops to even take a breath. Like him in the studio, though.

We are 2 minutes in and Michigan hasn't scored yet. There is a positive.

Would be a good night to get hot from 3. I really hope we can improve from the FT line.

Am I crazy or is Mich floor covered in seran wrap???
Well, the Barn floor is covered in wax paper, so I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan had to one up us. ;)

Great start - so much better than we've seen the last few weeks!

Looks like game plan is to not get beat from the 3 point line. Really defending the arc seriously.

Not going to lie, did not expect us to be leading this game in such a manner.

Will we be lucky enough for Michigan to shoot like this the whole game?

There's no way Michigan stays this cold all game.

Top Bottom