Tonight is a free shot on the road vs. the #5 team

Love the positivity. IW will play above his average in minutes, he as to. Someone posted earlier that worse teams have beaten teams this good in the past. Why not tonight !

Michigan will have the most stifling defense we have faced all year. We have to respond with a defensive game that is even better than our game against Wisconsin.

I'd like to hear more about how we match up with them well

It's obviously hindsight now but the Gophers had a distinct size advantage on the interior and for part of the game they really took advantage of it. The problem, which again reared its ugly head last night was that we got into foul trouble and Oturu had to sit and our guards refused at times to push the ball inside. Whether we score or not, it brought the double often which we all know triggers our offense.

Of course it helped Michigan shot poorly, but our defense actually played pretty well. Really needed Coffee or McBrayer to have stepped up more from the outside(again).

You called it, just 1 second off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's obviously hindsight now but the Gophers had a distinct size advantage on the interior and for part of the game they really took advantage of it. The problem, which again reared its ugly head last night was that we got into foul trouble and Oturu had to sit and our guards refused at times to push the ball inside. Whether we score or not, it brought the double often which we all know triggers our offense.

Of course it helped Michigan shot poorly, but our defense actually played pretty well. Really needed Coffee or McBrayer to have stepped up more from the outside(again).

All fair points, I would've countered with:
-They shoot the three ball way better than us
-They don't turn it over nearly as much as us
-They play better defense
-Our bigs are incapable of not getting into foul trouble, negating any size advantage we have

Top Bottom