View Poll Results: If we miss NCAAs but recruit Hurt, does Pitino stay or go?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pitino Stays

50 83.33%
  • Pitino goes

10 16.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Pitino....question

I was reading through a large portion of ANTI and PRO Pitino posts and it got me thinking

Does he stay if he misses the NCAAs but recruits Hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    I was reading through a large portion of ANTI and PRO Pitino posts and it got me thinking

Yes. No question. But Hurt IS going Adidas U.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post

Sorry, but we aren't getting Hurt. He was sitting right behind the bench Saturday night at Cameron Indoor watching the Virginia/Duke game. But to answer your poll....yes Pitino would stay. I honestly think he is going to stay even if we falter further down the stretch and we don't get Hurt. I wonder who will be at the JM/Mayo game tomorrow night...

If he gets Hurt- he stays. Hurt, Carr and a back up center and one more solid guard (that can shoot) and we would be a borderline great team next year. Hurt and Carr would immediately put the multi faceted scorers in the lineup that we are struggling to find this year

Strong starting 5:

Oturu
    Curry
    Hurt
    Coffey
    Carr

Depth
    IW
    Kalscheur
    Omersa
    Williams
    B/U big
    Juco or Grad transfer guard

Quote Originally Posted by ethomasp31 View Post
    Sorry, but we aren't getting Hurt. He was sitting right behind the bench Saturday night at Cameron Indoor watching the Virginia/Duke game. But to answer your poll....yes Pitino would stay. I honestly think he is going to stay even if we falter further down the stretch and we don't get Hurt. I wonder who will be at the JM/Mayo game tomorrow night...
    My only thought that if we were to get Hurt it would be in part, maybe a big part, that we made the tourney. That would increase Hurtís fondness toward his future teammates and thus if we donít make the tourney and if Hurt were sitting on the fence he would jump down and away from the Gophers.

Quote Originally Posted by macgopher View Post
    My only thought that if we were to get Hurt it would be in part, maybe a big part, that we made the tourney. That would increase Hurt’s fondness toward his future teammates and thus if we don’t make the tourney and if Hurt were sitting on the fence he would jump down and away from the Gophers.
    I guess you never know. He got his brother, so maybe Matthew will come to DinkyTown as well. Tomorrow night they play Mayo at JM...I'm definitely making the trip down there to watch him again. Hopefully its a fun crowd. The season is half over, so there aren't many more chances to watch him play.

Quote Originally Posted by ethomasp31 View Post
    I guess you never know. He got his brother, so maybe Matthew will come to DinkyTown as well. Tomorrow night they play Mayo at JM...I'm definitely making the trip down there to watch him again. Hopefully its a fun crowd. The season is half over, so there aren't many more chances to watch him play.
    Michael's best offer other than Minnesota was Nebraska. Matthew has 12 offers better than Nebraska. Michael's recruitment is not a useful data point.

Blog Entries

The odds of him getting Hurt AND doing so before say March 20th seems almost zero. But sure, if that happens he buys a year regardless of the NCAAs.

We are not getting Hurt!

MUCH greater chance that we lose a Hurt rather than gain one, imo.

let's remember - Matthew Hurt has made it clear he plans or expects to be a 1-and-done. So, if we're speculating about the impact of Pitino recruiting Matthew, let's be realistic about what that means. Most likely one year of Hurt before he goes pro.

Sure, it could be a fun year, but after that, what? does one year of Hurt transform the program - or does it become a band-aid of sorts, covering up any issues with the program until you rip off the band-aid after that one year.

If Pitino does land Hurt, he had better make the most of it - like a real run in the NCAA's. Otherwise, I'm not sure one year of Hurt really makes a long-term difference.

If he hasn't made up his mind...there bvb is always a chance.. aka Humphreys

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ltf View Post
    MUCH greater chance that we lose a Hurt rather than gain one, imo.
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    Yes. No question. But Hurt IS going Adidas U.
    Anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.
    Is that right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk