Top 25 things to watch, questions to answer in next 90 days

With Spann Ford, our stable of quality WRs, and RBs Ibrahim, Brooks, and Smith-----Will there be enough touches for everybody to keep them happy?

Last edited:

With Spann Ford, our stable of quality WRs, and RBs Ibrahim, Brooks, and Smith-----Will there be enough touches for everybody to keep them happy?

I mean if we're holding the ball for 3 of 4 quarters and getting 500+ yards per game.... should be plenty to go around....

Either way, winning keeps folks happy ;)

I mean if we're holding the ball for 3 of 4 quarters and getting 500+ yards per game.... should be plenty to go around....

Either way, winning keeps folks happy ;)

Especially the disgruntled masses here on GopherHole! :p:p

From a coaching standpoint, all of Swingman's questions are valid - but it becomes a matter of priority. Some of those questions need to be answered sooner than others. so, I think you could divide that list into about three sections:

1. questions that need to be answered after Spring Practice. (position changes, rough depth chart)
2. questions that need to be answered after fall practice, but before the season opener (determine starters, who will red-shirt)
3. questions that will be answered during the course of the season. (determine player rotation and depth at each position - as impacted by injuries, etc)

Of course, during the course of Spring practice, fall practice and the regular-season, new questions will arise. you're never going to be 100% settled at every position - stuff is always going to happen.

Who are all these people predicting Sapp to start -- and what do they know that the rest of us don't? I know he was a true Frosh coming off a major injury, but the team was seriously hurting at safety most of last year and Sapp didn't even sniff reps. And he wasn't being held out to RS since he was playing on ST. That gave me major pause all season about his ability to play S at a B1G level. He'll obviously develop, but so will Howden and the other guys. Unless the coaches were worried about the health of his knee (a Coney Durr scenario) and he'll be a different guy at 100%, I just don't see it...

Apparently (according to those...in the know...) Sapp was essentially on a pitch count last year and the focus was getting him reps while keeping him healthy. Also, he Huff's backup not Winfields. The safety spots are not interchangeable

For me I'll add one more...new coaches. Looking to see their interactions with players, attitude and energy, and of course their ability to coach (more so in practices).

Really want to see line play, is that Oline going to be as good as the end of last year, how about dline? Can they generate some heat finally from someone not named Coughlin?

Won't have it all answered by the time spring is over but we'll have an idea.

Top Bottom