No PJ Fleck Interview

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
No PJ Fleck Interview today on the WCCO Sports Huddle. (Sunday, Jan 20)

Dave Mona said he got a text last night informing him that Fleck will be on a flight during his scheduled time, and is unable to do the interview.

So, another Fleckless Sunday.

FWIW, I did wind up getting a new computer, so I'm ready to go the next time Fleck is on the Huddle.

Enjoy your weekend. I have more snow to shovel.

My city got 12.5" on Friday, and I just woke up to what looks like another 2" Sunday morning. And, the forecast calls for another 3-4" Monday and Tuesday, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle. The joys of living in SW MN.

Thanks son. I do not really miss winter. Its fun to see people here all bundled up in parkas and scarves. It was 52 degrees.

Its mid sixties here to mid 40s at night. Been like that for a few weeks and will continue to climb for about three more months. We'll hit the 90s in April. July and August in Phoenix are like January and February in Minnesota. Run between your car and buildings, avoid outside as much as you can. Spring and fall are exactly alike. Right now its like May/June in Minnesota.

However, I don't have to shovel it and I don't get stuck in it. It really is a "dry heat". Average humidity in the 30s. I have rarely been "miserably hot". I wear a hat and drink water.

Everyone is different. This is my place.

Go Gophers!

Dave Mona said he got a text last night informing him that Fleck will be on a flight during his scheduled time, and is unable to do the interview.

FWIW, I did wind up getting a new computer, so I'm ready to go the next time Fleck is on the Huddle.

My city got 12.5" on Friday, and I just woke up to what looks like another 2" Sunday morning. And, the forecast calls for another 3-4" Monday and Tuesday, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle. The joys of living in SW MN.

You be careful young man.

I rather have him on the road recruiting than basically hearing pretty much the same information these days. Thanks for the heads up Son and enjoy the Southwest part of the state!

Thanks son. I do not really miss winter. Its fun to see people here all bundled up in parkas and scarves. It was 52 degrees.

Its mid sixties here to mid 40s at night. Been like that for a few weeks and will continue to climb for about three more months. We'll hit the 90s in April. July and August in Phoenix are like January and February in Minnesota. Run between your car and buildings, avoid outside as much as you can. Spring and fall are exactly alike. Right now its like May/June in Minnesota.

However, I don't have to shovel it and I don't get stuck in it. It really is a "dry heat". Average humidity in the 30s. I have rarely been "miserably hot". I wear a hat and drink water.

Everyone is different. This is my place.

Go Gophers!
May your house be infested with scorpions and termites...[emoji16][emoji23][emoji6]

It'll all melt by mid-February while the poor blokes along the Canadian border just hope the ice thaws before fishing opener.
Springfield Tigers and Mountain Lake Wolverines looking like the top candidates to make it to State in basketball.

SON, thanks for your faithful work on this each week.

Q for the holers, when did it start that we expect PJ or any other Gophers football coach each week? Or does this stop after Feb signing day. I thought the weekly interview stopped after the bowl game.

GM

May your house be infested with scorpions and termites...[emoji16][emoji23][emoji6]

I sprayed for the termites and I have cats, the most effective deterrent for scorpions.

Or was it Thermians?

3d01951770d2fa3c5ae3a2f296f739269b67421b.jpeg

I sprayed for the termites and I have cats, the most effective deterrent for scorpions.

I think I'd rather have scorpions than cats.

Last edited:

I rather have him on the road recruiting than basically hearing pretty much the same information these days. Thanks for the heads up Son and enjoy the Southwest part of the state!

What makes you assume his flight was recruiting related? Maybe he was coming home from a wild night in Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you assume his flight was recruiting related? Maybe he was coming home from a wild night in Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, lets be a screwball about it.

It'll all melt by mid-February while the poor blokes along the Canadian border just hope the ice thaws before fishing opener.
Springfield Tigers and Mountain Lake Wolverines looking like the top candidates to make it to State in basketball.

Unfortunately, Springfield and Mt Lake Area-Comfrey (yes, another sports-pairing change) are in the same section, so only one of them can go to state. In fact, BOLD and MN Valley Lutheran are also in Section 2A, making 4 of the top 10 rated teams in Class A in the same section.

Unfortunately, Springfield and Mt Lake Area-Comfrey (yes, another sports-pairing change) are in the same section, so only one of them can go to state. In fact, BOLD and MN Valley Lutheran are also in Section 2A, making 4 of the top 10 rated teams in Class A in the same section.
I didn't realize BOLD was in the section as well. BOLD recently beat (rather easily) North Woods (iron range school) who took 2nd the last two years in State.
Southwest has the best small school basketball in the State. All those farm kids who don't have to work the fields, getting to finally play a sport. Basketball is the perfect game to play between harvesting and planting.

Does anyone know where PJ Fleck is this MLK long weekend? He is out probably on recruiting visits. We shall soon see what is shaking.

(c) Contact Period: November 25, 2018, through February 2, 2019 [except for (1) through (3)
below]:
Six (6) in-person, off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete
shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one
permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial
calendar week.

(1) Quiet Period: December 16, 2018
(2) Dead Period: December 17, 2018, through January 10, 2019: [applicable to all
prospective student-athletes (see Bylaw 13.02.5.5.2)]
(3) Quiet Period: January 4 – 6, 2019, for National Service Academies

SON, thanks for your faithful work on this each week.

Q for the holers, when did it start that we expect PJ or any other Gophers football coach each week? Or does this stop after Feb signing day. I thought the weekly interview stopped after the bowl game.

GM

Until December 2010, Minnesota’s head football coach would appear on the Sports Huddle weekly during the football season through the final game and would return on the Sunday after the National Signing Day. The head coach – during the Mason years – also was on following Minnesota’s bowl game.

When Jerry Kill was hired in December 2010, he appeared weekly throughout the year on the Sports Huddle and it has been that way ever since.

Go Gophers!!

(c) Contact Period: November 25, 2018, through February 2, 2019 [except for (1) through (3)
below]:
Six (6) in-person, off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete
shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one
permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial
calendar week.

(1) Quiet Period: December 16, 2018
(2) Dead Period: December 17, 2018, through January 10, 2019: [applicable to all
prospective student-athletes (see Bylaw 13.02.5.5.2)]
(3) Quiet Period: January 4 – 6, 2019, for National Service Academies

ed3057d802f0b91e33e9ef17a7f63d3a.jpg

Top Bottom