East-West Shrine Game

Nomellini

Reaction score
As a kid, I liked watching this game and the Blue-Gray game to watch Big 10 players against players from the west. For example, the 1965 game featured a scoring pass from Hankinson to Aaron Brown and Ken Last caught a touchdown pass in the 1966 game. At the gym today, the East-West Shrine Game was on with no sound. I was surprised to see Big 10 players on both sides and lots of other cross-over oddities. My mild interest was soon extinguished. Wonder what their logic is?

As a kid, I liked watching this game and the Blue-Gray game to watch Big 10 players against players from the west. For example, the 1965 game featured a scoring pass from Hankinson to Aaron Brown and Ken Last caught a touchdown pass in the 1966 game. At the gym today, the East-West Shrine Game was on with no sound. I was surprised to see Big 10 players on both sides and lots of other cross-over oddities. My mild interest was soon extinguished. Wonder what their logic is?

The Mississippi River used to be the dividing line, so Iowa players played for the West and the other 9 teams were East.

Top Bottom