***OFFICIAL PENN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

So is that the play Pitino drew up, no touch by Murphy, no use of Curry inside, maybe it worked out but there has to be something better

Never expected to play 8 on 5 at home against Penn State. A win's a win I guess.

Murphy had an ESPN top ten play and then a bonehead play.

Not having Washington in for those run down the clock plays is absolutely insane.

If you’re going to play that way, he HAS to be in.

A win is a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, truly outstanding game from Murphy after a slow start. Curry was very effective off the bench. Team defended pretty well in the second half.

Someone call the paramedics....heart attack.

Dang!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A win is a win. A one-point win doesn't do much with the NET rankings, but who cares about that obsolete model, anyway? ?

Man alive, ugly win. Win is a win but geez the egg the other night you think this team would have been hungrier. Murph had a great game and I thought IW played well. Coffey and Dupree struggled. Can't stand the sit at the three point line, mull around until the crowd starts counting the clock down and then scramble to take a lousy shot. Can't keep doing that! Drives me nuts!

Yeah, he said he was out, but he left his feet inbounds and the ball buonced off him when he was in the air. Trying to cover his ass.

**** call.

To review it and say he was out of bounds is such BS. If we'd lost this game, the B1G would have been issuing us in an apology by Tuesday.

After that first half I am grateful for the ugly win.

Well, they're 4-3 in the Big Ten and 14-4 overall. Maybe this will keep some of the naysayers away until at least Tuesday, but probably not.

Outscored them by 10 at the line.

Free throws matter.

Also, can’t have Amir going 3-11. Jebus

Ugly win but important to just get a victory after the Illinois disaster. Penn State came to fight, they are playing like a team desperate to get a conference win and we did not match that intensity early on. Some positives to take, IW played well and under control, Curry looks like he is becoming more and more confident and Murph finally looked like Murph after an ugly first half.

When this team plays to their potential (we didn't tonight) we are absolutely talented enough to beat Michigan. We will see. Barn was fun tonight!!

Not having Washington in for those run down the clock plays is absolutely insane.

If you’re going to play that way, he HAS to be in.

A win is a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!!!! That was just awful coaching.

Well, they're 4-3 in the Big Ten and 14-4 overall. Maybe this will keep some of the naysayers away until at least Tuesday, but probably not.

Not sure that gave me any confidence for the rest of the season, might have eroded it a bit more.

Well the positive is the season isn't over...yet. Very, very concerned with Pitino's offense. I believe that Murphy dunk was their only basket in the last 8 minutes of the game. I can't even remember a good, clean look in the last 8 minutes either though I concede there could have been one or two. Amir simply isn't quick enough to beat guards off the dribble from the top of the key. If Pitino insists on running an offense that is almost entirely dependent on dribble penetration, he has to have Washington in the game.

Disappointing to have such a flat, lifeless effort at home in the first half on the heels of such an embarrassing defeat. Hopefully the mere fact that they pulled out this game can be a galvanizing force for the team going forward.

Not sure that gave me any confidence for the rest of the season, might have eroded it a bit more.

Suit yourself, but I will still enjoy a win, regardless of how ugly it is.

Well the positive is the season isn't over...yet. Very, very concerned with Pitino's offense. I believe that Murphy dunk was their only basket in the last 8 minutes of the game. I can't even remember a good, clean look in the last 8 minutes either though I concede there could have been one or two. Amir simply isn't quick enough to beat guards off the dribble from the top of the key. If Pitino insists on running an offense that is almost entirely dependent on dribble penetration, he has to have Washington in the game.

Disappointing to have such a flat, lifeless effort at home in the first half on the heels of such an embarrassing defeat. Hopefully the mere fact that they pulled out this game can be a galvanizing force for the team going forward.

+1

Spot on. Nor is Coffey a strong enough ball handler. Wait until he faces the top PG’s in our conference. If IW can keep dishing assists and limit his shots to within 3 feet of the basket there is hope. IW’s ball handling skills are great, he just needs to accept his role on this team. I really believe he can handle anyone who guards him and puts pressure on him.

Well, truly outstanding game from Murphy after a slow start. Curry was very effective off the bench. Team defended pretty well in the second half.
Yeah, Curry is the unsung hero tonight. Best game since he returned from injury.

Top Bottom