Season on the edge

No question last night sucked, but nobody's giving Illinois any credit. They played really well and hit a very high percentage of their shots. I think they could have beaten just about any of the Bigten teams last night. It was a total blitzkrieg! Their style of play does not match up well with our highly questionable point guard play. The big stat that we should have no excuses for is how badly they out rebounded us.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

And no excuse for the defense, a good defense against even a hot team should keep an opponent under 80, maybe 70, and then we might have had a game.

I'll put you down as "hopeful that we lose all games from here on out".

Keep your heart pills close old timer. Carrying that much stress around cannot be good.

I actually want to win all of our games. You won't do even close to that with Pitino.

Again though, and I'm guilty as hell of this.........I BELIEVE WHAT MY OWN EYES SEE!

If you are happy with 35% in the big 10 in 6 years, games like last night, a horse bleep offense, and crap recruiting for next year........well, don't let me stand in the way of your amazement at those awesome achievements. Who am I to wreck your cherished delusions?

Last edited:

I actually want to win all of our games. You won't do even close to that with Pitino.

Again though, and I'm guilty as hell of this.........I BELIEVE WHAT MY OWN EYES SEE!

If you are happy with 35% in the big 10 in 6 years, games like last night, a horse bleep offense, and crap recruiting for next year........well, don't let me stand in the way of your amazement at those awesome achievements. Who am I to wreck your cherished delusions?

Go to the doctor. You have such a boner for this loss that it needs medical attention. Seriously. Where were you after the Nebraska and Wisconsin wins? Where will you be Saturday when we crush Penn St?

Go to the doctor. You have such a boner for this loss that it needs medical attention. Seriously. Where were you after the Nebraska and Wisconsin wins? Where will you be Saturday when we crush Penn St?

Where was I after the wins?

I was nowhere to be found.

Saying you want a new coach after a win makes a guy like you cry. You would absolutely run to mommy with that kind of news.

Where was I after the wins...........waiting for the pitino embarrassments that always follow the wins. I was just waiting for the pitino way to happen.

Let me make this real simple for you. I want Pitino gone after every win they have the rest of the way. YOU SEE, HE'S IN OVER HIS HEAD.

I think you may want to go to the doctor by the way. Before you go though, watch the games with your eyes open.

It's like you have no clue that pitino sucks, yet will still win some games.

If they beat PSU, I want Pitino gone. Do you want me to come here and post that? I will if you say so.

Last edited:

Let's just forget that basgetbell\ is a thing.

I fully expect the Gophers to completely clobber Penn State, just like they rebounded nicely from the Maryland loss to dominate Rutgers. But the damage is done. The Illinois loss is extremely costly. The NCAA selection committee is looking at your complete body of work, and they don't issue mulligans. They reward teams that are mentally tough enough to not fold against inferior teams that happen to be playing well that night. It's going to take a shocking win against a superior team (e.g. Michigan, MSU) to counteract it, and I'm not going to sit here and fret and finger my rosary beads praying for that to happen; that would be a waste of perspiration.

Not sure your example is the best one out there, for the most park Walker's stats went down in the second year and rebounded nicely in year 3 which was Pitino's first year.

DAMMIT!!!

No question last night sucked, but nobody's giving Illinois any credit. They played really well and hit a very high percentage of their shots. I think they could have beaten just about any of the Bigten teams last night. It was a total blitzkrieg! Their style of play does not match up well with our highly questionable point guard play. The big stat that we should have no excuses for is how badly they out rebounded us.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

QFT. Any team that hits over 50% of their shots is probably going to win. The Illini were lights out. Michigan as the #2 team in the nation would have struggled with them on Wednesday. It doesn't give us a pass for our poor performance. A 27 point loss to the worst team in the Big Ten is unforgivable.

QFT. Any team that hits over 50% of their shots is probably going to win. The Illini were lights out. Michigan as the #2 team in the nation would have struggled with them on Wednesday. It doesn't give us a pass for our poor performance. A 27 point loss to the worst team in the Big Ten is unforgivable.

Funny how Maryland was lights out in the second half, Wisconsin was much better in the second half and the Illini were lights out the whole game against the same defense. Not Michigan's defense but our Golden Gopher's defense.

Reading the Ouija board on this one and it agrees with our magic 8-ball, Our defense sucks! Coaching would go a long way to improve that.

When I coach, I have the kids switch defense almost every time down the court. We will run a man-to man half or full court press, then go to a diamond 3/4 court press that drops into a 3-2 match-up or a 2-2-1 3/4 court press that drops into a 2-3 zone. I even throw in a box and one or a triangle and 2 if the other team has limited scoring options!

I love hearing the other team yell at each other that we are running different defenses on the same possession and looking at their coach to try to figure out what offense to run.

Pitino runs the same crap all the time, not a lot of mystery in how to beat it.

Last edited:

Without improvement Gophers are in trouble but Oturo is getting better, we've seen better play from IW, a little development goes a long way.

Top Bottom