Everyone

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
It's only 1 game. Yes they played like dukey, but it's only 1 game. Still 13-4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Take a deep breath and relax!!

Raise your hand if losing by over 30 to a 4-12 team is somehow acceptable.

I'm not raising my hand up, fyi.

It’s not this one game. This type of performance has happened way too often. Third time this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is these are the easy games. Watching this, does anyone think we're winning at Michigan? At Michigan State? At Nebraska? At Maryland? At Purdue? Do you feel confident about beating Wisconsin or Indiana at home? That's a lot of losses.

We're gonna be lucky to finish .500 in B1G play. We aren't making the tournament. He'll have been here 6 years with one tournament bid. And his next closest season to making it was with Tubbys players.

IL has lost to
Michigan
Nebraska
Indiana
Northwestern
Ohio State

The problem is these are the easy games. Watching this, does anyone think we're winning at Michigan? At Michigan State? At Nebraska? At Maryland? At Purdue? Do you feel confident about beating Wisconsin or Indiana at home? That's a lot of losses.

Exactly. The whole "it's just one game" thing works for teams that consistently get it done. The Gophers don't and haven't for years, so it's becoming more like "it's only one or two or three or four..." and so on...

Unless Pitino has a defensive coordinator he can fire to save the season, no tourney equals no more Little Ricky.

IL has lost to
Michigan
Nebraska
Indiana
Northwestern
Ohio State

They are 4-12.

We are losing by 30.

There is no way to spin this in a positive manner.

We aren't going to get beat by 30 points...we are only down 27 now.

We're gonna be lucky to finish .500 in B1G play. We aren't making the tournament. He'll have been here 6 years with one tournament bid. And his next closest season to making it was with Tubbys players.

Lucky to make it to the NIT.

They aren't a well coached team, offensively it was mostly individual effort, defensively well they gave up 95, hard to watch.

I'm not big on making decisions based on one game. But this felt like a Mason like moment (Texas Tech). Where the results of 1 game were so utterly disgusting that a change is warranted. Glad I don't have to make the decision, but I wouldn't be surprised to read he was let go tomorrow.

I'm not big on making decisions based on one game. But this felt like a Mason like moment (Texas Tech). Where the results of 1 game were so utterly disgusting that a change is warranted. Glad I don't have to make the decision, but I wouldn't be surprised to read he was let go tomorrow.

They aren't going to fire him tomorrow. I'd be surprised if they let him go after the season. They are 13-4....

Raise your hand if losing by over 30 to a 4-12 team is somehow acceptable.

I'm not raising my hand up, fyi.

I'm lowering my hand into the depths of hell.....I'm grabbing for a head coach.....but I'm not sure that's what we need.

I still have faith in Jr. Pitino. But it's now been six years. My faith is running low.

Tough matchup with the quickness and ball pressure when Coffey is trying to handle the ball. Yikes not being able to dribble is unreal.

Y'all need to chill remember what everyone said after the Wisconsin game? It is just one game, we are moving in the right direction, and I will bring this thread back once we make the tournament this year and make a run.

It's only 1 game. Yes they played like dukey, but it's only 1 game. Still 13-4

I agree that you don't freak out over the results of one game but at the same time this is not the first time this team has played like complete garbage and made an average to bad team look like a final 4 contender.

The frustrating thing about this squad is how wildly inconsistent they are. They can look great one night and then look like they have never played basketball before the next.

Losing road games in the Big Ten is nothing shocking but getting blown out by close to 30 points is. I don't think you gain anything by making a coaching change in season in college basketball but if this team is not able to get into the NCAA tournament this season I think you have to make a move after the year.

Amir and Murph played the worst game of the season......period. they have to lead!!!

When the Gophers beat the number one team in the nation, at Crisler Arena all will be forgiven...

I would say they have an 8-12 conference record written all over them, the signs are there, why would this season be any different, is that ok, we'll see how the season works out but that is my expectation.

0-3 against the Mich teams and hopefully they can keep the rest of the schedule at or near .500.

Last edited:

Top Bottom