Locksley

swingman

Reaction score
Thought he had Gattis to come to Maryland...Harbaugh swept him up.

Thought Butch Jones was coming to Maryland. Butch now staying at Maryland.

Didn’t get Hurts.

Hired Scottie Montgomery as OC today Was head coach at ECU past three years...had been at Duke before that.

I would be awfully disappointed if I was a Terp fan getting a 3-31 retread who already turned in a 1-5 interim campaign at Maryland. He also had some shady things like fights with assistant coaches and discrimination claims while going 2-26 with New Mexico. New Mexico isn't an easy job, but 2-26 is awful anywhere.

I'm surprised he was able to get the Bama OC job.

“Maybe they think he was 31-3!”-Glen Mason on with Barreiro. Pretty funny segment a few weeks back when Locksley was hired.

from Maryland 247 site:

Maryland defensive coordinator candidate Charles Kelly is staying at Tennessee, according to FootballScoop.com. Yesterday, the same site reported that Terps coach Mike Locksley had offered Kelly the defensive coordinator position and was expecting him to accept. It's another swing and a miss for Locksley, who's gone after a number of established coaches as he attempts to assemble his first staff.

It's unknown where Locksley will go from here. The Terps currently have two defensive coaches, including Maryland native and ace recruiter John Papuchis, who most recently was North Carolina's defensive coordinator from 2017-18. The other is defensive backs coach Cory Robinson, who came over from Rutgers. On the offensive side, Locksley hired Scottie Montgomery as coordinator -- a backup plan to Josh Gattis -- and Mike Miller as tight ends coach -- a backup plan to Butch Jones -- Wednesday. He also added former Penn offensive coordinator John Reagan to coach the offensive line.

“Maybe they think he was 31-3!”-Glen Mason on with Barreiro. Pretty funny segment a few weeks back when Locksley was hired.

Or maybe they thought they were hiring Robin of Locksley.

aWf0Xks5_400x400.jpg

from Maryland 247 site:

Maryland defensive coordinator candidate Charles Kelly is staying at Tennessee, according to FootballScoop.com. Yesterday, the same site reported that Terps coach Mike Locksley had offered Kelly the defensive coordinator position and was expecting him to accept. It's another swing and a miss for Locksley, who's gone after a number of established coaches as he attempts to assemble his first staff.

It's unknown where Locksley will go from here.

I hear Robb Smith is available.

I was trying to figure out some way to make a "Robin of" joke.

Can we take a moment to appreciate Alan Rickman's performance as the Sheriff of Nottingham in the 1991 movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Theives" ??

"Locksleyyyyyyyy!!!!! I'm gonna cutttttt your heart outttt .... with a spoonnnnnnn!!!!"

Top Bottom