***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Winning streaks are fun and a two game road winning streak in the Big Ten would be very fun and relatively rare around these parts. While Illinois is a team we should beat at home or on the road, we aren't good enough to take them lightly. Let's get off to a good start, stay out of foul trouble and push the pace when IW is in the game. I feel good about this one.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Illinois has played a ton of close games and is better than their record, in my opinion. They also play very aggressive defense and depend on turnovers to get their offense going. Take care of the ball and pound the ball inside!

Here's to hoping that MN doesn't look past Illinois based off their lousy record. 4-12 overall and 0-5 in the B1G. Obviously Vegas isn't overlooking Illinois as they are only 1.5 point dogs. I want to see MN get off to a really hot start and put them away early.

Only 1.5 pt favs... makes sense. Tough environment where we've struggled historically. As with most BT games, this one will be a grinder.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here's to hoping that MN doesn't look past Illinois based off their lousy record. 4-12 overall and 0-5 in the B1G. Obviously Vegas isn't overlooking Illinois as they are only 1.5 point dogs. I want to see MN get off to a really hot start and put them away early.
This squad is no position to look past anyone in conference play. Pitino must earn his money tonight

Bruce Douglas, Nick Weatherspoon, and Johnny "Red" Kerr will not be suiting up for the Illini tonight. And they definitely won't be coached by Harry Combes.

Gophers by 8.

Illinois has played a ton of close games and is better than their record, in my opinion. They also play very aggressive defense and depend on turnovers to get their offense going. Take care of the ball and pound the ball inside!

9 of 12 losses have been by 10 or less.

If I was a betting man (I don't bet on Gophs), I'd be all over Illinois straight up.

If I was a betting man (I don't bet on Gophs), I'd be all over Illinois straight up.

That would be truly frustrating. In a year where we win at Wisconsin in fball and b-ball, to even think we’d lose both games at Illinois.

I think this is a must win game and the Gophers will win

A key is for Murph to not get in foul trouble in the first half.

Avoiding turnovers going to be huge. Need to make them pay for aggression on defense by sinking our free throws.

make our free throws! they have committed 349 fouls which ranks them 309 out of 351 teams!

...like they did with Maryland...[emoji849][emoji57]

make our free throws! they have committed 349 fouls which ranks them 309 out of 351 teams!

Crazy. Gophers have attempted the 15th most free throws in the country. Should be a lot of them tonight!

Tollackson just on kfan. Said gophers are going to get to the line alot tonite. Can they make them? Also said gophs will make the tourney if Coffey continues his recent play. Said 10 BT wins will make for a no stress BT tourney. He also thinks the IW situation will continue as is. Some games he will excel, but others will play very little - depends on the matchup.

It told someone the other day, this has all the makings of a “trap” game. On the road, against a team that’s played multiple close games. NO B1G game is a gimme. Hope they prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gophers know they aren't good enough to overlook anyone. Play good D, create turnovers and get to the line early and often and we can win this game.

This three point line and inside makes the barn floor look perfect. Jesus this is awful. I can’t see the damn line!

Nice inbounds play Richard! Lob to your center outside the three point line. Exactly what you want!

Nice inbounds play Richard! Lob to your center outside the three point line. Exactly what you want!

Is there any team (historically) who has more trouble inbounding the ball than the Gophers?

Illinois isn’t missing. We can’t get shots...fun!

They are really struggling against this defense so far,but they need to be able to win this type of game on the road.

Top Bottom