***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Well, look at the bright side....
The bright side is that we may quickly become a really bad loss on Wisconsin's tourney resume if the Badgers are on the bubble at the end of the season. Might hurt their seeding if they are "in" too. :cool:

No tourney this year (or, heck, even a near miss) and Pitino needs to be gone. When the seats get empty enough at Williams, Coyle will be forced to pull the trigger.

That's not an answer. Saying things like "ignorant" and "get a clue" are not arguments. They say more about you than the person you're addressing. Obviously, your verbal talents are quite limited.
It's one game. The sky isn't falling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's not the point. From what I've read of your posts, you have no standing to call anyone else stupid.

We lost both halves. Sad.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

If your point is that we only played one game today, I guess you are right. But Pitino has 5.5 years of resume here to be judged on, not 1 game. I still think we are at where we have been all year, if he makes the tourney he survives at least for one more season, if not, he's gone.

The crown jewel of RP resume is the loss to Middle Tennessee State in the round of 64, which was a lot like this one. Uninspired, clueless play.

Is there such a thing as a defensive coach in basketball so that we can fire him and turn the season around?

That's not the point. From what I've read of your posts, you have no standing to call anyone else stupid.
Never called anyone stupid....ever.

My point is everyone gets emotional on a big loss and blames the coach but in all actuality it's just one game.

I truly believe he can coach

The bright side is that we may quickly become a really bad loss on Wisconsin's tourney resume if the Badgers are on the bubble at the end of the season. Might hurt their seeding if they are "in" too. :cool:

No tourney this year (or, heck, even a near miss) and Pitino needs to be gone. When the seats get empty enough at Williams, Coyle will be forced to pull the trigger.

#1---I don't care about Wisconsin.
#2---This really is only one game. Granted, the gophers have had lots of issues in true road games (other than beating Wisconsin), but I still have some hope that they will reach what I perceived as their potential in making some noise in the NCAA tournament. Now, if things continue in this way, then my expectations were obviously wrong.

My point is everyone gets emotional on a big loss and blames the coach but in all actuality it's just one game.

Based on what? Win-loss record? Player development? Hopes and dreams?

No injuries to blame this blowout / embarrassment by a 4 win team. He will not be our coach next year and I really like him. Good with media but truly is not a game coach.

He needs to make the tournament to save his job or get the younger Hurt to commit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crown jewel of RP resume is the loss to Middle Tennessee State in the round of 64, which was a lot like this one. Uninspired, clueless play.

...and also missing a key contributor (Springs), and (if I remember correctly) having their point guard and best player significantly limited by an injury.

I agree....everyone needs to relax. We just started the comeback too late tonight. We were really starting to cut into the lead at the end of the game. If the game would have been 8 minutes longer, we might have won.

This game wasn't about the bench, but since I forced myself to watch to the end a couple things really stood out to me. Michael Hurt had sequence where he lost the ball on offense and then got blown by like he was a traffic cone on the defensive end. This is year 3 as a scholarship player for Michael and the only value he has on the floor is as a ball mover against a zone defense. He cannot guard a single position on the floor (too slow for 1-3, maybe even 4 and too small for 4's and 5's) and has no ability to score the ball on the other end. Jarvis Omersa had an incredibly easy chance for an and 1 that he missed and then went to the line for two of the ugliest free throws I've ever seen. I am not writing off a freshman, but what I've seen from Jarvis wouldn't have me buying stock.

Follow the trend line, it is going down. If it gets steeper it will be a drop off a cliff.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He beat WI at WI. Everyone forgets the good.

And a stopped clock is right twice per day. It's wrong the remaining 23 hours and 58 minutes.

Throw this one away fellas. We will win 3 of the next 4 and be 6-4. Then pull a few upsets. This is a team that will win games they should lose and lose games they should win. Tonight the Gophers could not buy a shot and Illinois could not miss. Murphy, Coffey, McBrayer and Kalsheuer all had bad nights. They didn't play hard on defense, they didn't block out and hit the boards, they turned the ball over, got a flagrant foul....everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

We have some dynamic offensive teams and players in the Big 10 this year, but nobody has surpassed the 95 points in a game that we allowed tonight.

#1---I don't care about Wisconsin.
It's a joke. Notice the emoji? Grow a sense of humor.

Illinois was 4-12 before this game. Some of you don't seem to realize how "it's just one game" can affect a team's chances to make the NCAA tourney if they are on the bubble at the end and one of the last teams being considered.

Throw this one away fellas. We will win 3 of the next 4 and be 6-4. Then pull a few upsets. This is a team that will win games they should lose and lose games they should win. Tonight the Gophers could not buy a shot and Illinois could not miss. Murphy, Coffey, McBrayer and Kalsheuer all had bad nights. They didn't play hard on defense, they didn't block out and hit the boards, they turned the ball over, got a flagrant foul....everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

I hope you are right but there is no way they win 3 of the next 4.

....and we're back to accepting mediocrity.

It's a joke. Notice the emoji? Grow a sense of humor.

Illinois was 4-12 before this game. Some of you don't seem to realize how "it's just one game" can affect a team's chances to make the NCAA tourney if they are on the bubble at the end and one of the last teams being considered.

There was some sarcasm in my tone as well ,so apparently I need some training in these emojis. �� But, seriously, I don't care about Wisconsin, as long as they stay out of the Gophers way��

It was a truly awful game, which I had a bad feeling about from the beginning. It was almost laughable - until I imagined sitting through this kind of experience in person later this winter on a night colder than sh!t.
At least there are no scapegoats.

Top Bottom