***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

That was the worst half of basketball in the Pitino era.

Go Gophers!!

Yes, the Illini have great athletes (albeit young) but their coach really got them ready and energized to play tonight.

Funny enough there are Illini fans who ready to be done with him after just a season and a half.

This is the type of performance that gets a coach fired in season. The Gophers badly needed to go on a run to end the half and Pitino had Stockman, Hurt, and Stull on the floor. That's coaching malpractice.

Good one! But, remember, he's only made that tournament once. On the other hand, he's made the bottom 4 of the Big Ten tournament three times in the previous five years.

U gotta give him some credit, that’s not that easy to do.

Good one! But, remember, he's only made that tournament once. On the other hand, he's made the bottom 4 of the Big Ten tournament three times in the previous five years.

Can't spell rancid without Richard Pitino!

Funny enough there are Illini fans who ready to be done with him after just a season and a half.

Well, the wins haven't been there yet, but, judging by the talent I see on the floor, he's certainly recruiting at a solid Big Ten level.

What is up with Curry’s post D? Wasn’t he a stopper as a freshman? If they get a touch in the paint on him they score! That’s not unique to this game either.

Well, the wins haven't been there yet, but, judging by the talent I see on the floor, he's certainly recruiting at a solid Big Ten level.

Agreed. And we can’t call this game yet.my prediction is that they will get back in the game with a chance to win.

ive watched a lot of illini games this year and this is the best they have looked all year, plus their crowd is really energized tonight. I look for the gophers to make a run in the second half as I dont think the illini can keep this up.. Pitino has had some horrible lineups though, hopefully that doesn't continue.

This is the start of the free fall. This team/program just can't handle any type of success(Wisconsin win). I pegged us finishing 9th in the B1G and that may have been generous. I'm ready for a complete overhaul. One tournament bid after 6 years is pathetic.

I'm not sure why they don't double and disrupt #15 on his left-handed hook.

What is up with Curry’s post D? Wasn’t he a stopper as a freshman? If they get a touch in the paint on him they score! That’s not unique to this game either.

Read my mind. It’s a 180 from freshman year on D - not sure how much you can attribute to injury/recovery. Still missin the bunnies, that hasn’t changed.

Yeah. Not sure if it's the knee or what.

This is the start of the free fall. This team/program just can't handle any type of success(Wisconsin win). I pegged us finishing 9th in the B1G and that may have been generous. I'm ready for a complete overhaul. One tournament bid after 6 years is pathetic.

I'm definitely not ready to give up on them, yet, but this is a problem.

The red light is on for the Pitino era. Can he drive us out of the ditch?

Thought the same thing. Not much resistance down there.

Everyone knows we struggle against zones. Tonight we’re proving we can’t handle tight pressure either.

He was usually playing the 4 as a freshman, and he’s not mobile/strong in the lower half right now.

Good! He put Omersa in instead of Hurt.

They have picked up the aggressiveness this half, but there's no way it should have taken this long.

Shorten the bench to those who can play defense and this is an easy win

The Gophers are +1241 in live betting if anyone feels optimistic.

You could tell from early on that the Gophers didn't bring anything tonight. Just the body language was awful. Illini have done their part - they've played great.

Beaten before tip-off. That shouldn't happen against a winless team in year 6.

For the Gophers to make a comeback in this they need to sustain a defensive effort rarely seen in the Pitino era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the Gophers to make a comeback in this they need to sustain a defensive effort rarely seen in the Pitino era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comeback?! You serious, Clark?

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom