ESPN: 7th-grade QB Isaiah Marshall gets scholarship offer from Michigan

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Isaiah Marshall, a seventh-grade quarterback at MacArthur Academy in Southfield, Michigan, has been offered a scholarship to play at Michigan, according to his father, Brian.

Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh extended the offer after watching tape of the 13-year-old signal-caller while visiting the school searching for high school prospects at Southfield High. Brian Marshall coaches running backs along with his brother, Aaron, who also is the offensive coordinator at Southfield.

"It was definitely unexpected, especially when you're just looking for feedback on how to get better," Brian Marshall said. "That came out of it. Harbaugh called me, because I was on my way over there and he was there early with my brother. They called me on the phone and asked if that was OK and of course I said yes."

The family has had other college programs take note of Isaiah, as he typically works out with the high school team, but none has offered a scholarship outside of Michigan.

Because of Isaiah's age, the family was shocked by the offer and excited at the opportunity.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rback-offered-scholarship-michigan-wolverines

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like a Harbaugh slumber party is in order.

Time to start the 2025 Recruiting Thread here...

Personally I don't think coaches should even be able to extend an offer to a kid until they are in high school at a minimum but it is what it is. Michigan gets in the news which is what they were looking for and the kid gets to feel like a big shot 5 years before he will even be in a position to take a college snap.

I can't recall any of these junior high prodigy QB recruits ever making much of an impact in college.

Personally I don't think coaches should even be able to extend an offer to a kid until they are in high school at a minimum but it is what it is. Michigan gets in the news which is what they were looking for and the kid gets to feel like a big shot 5 years before he will even be in a position to take a college snap.

100%

Just once I want to see a seventh grader commit then when he turns 18 be completely out of shape. Or be like 120 pounds.
Then the school has to honor it. They would probably pull the offer though.

<b>Just once I want to see a seventh grader commit then when he turns 18 be completely out of shape. </b>Or be like 120 pounds.
Then the school has to honor it. They would probably pull the offer though.

How much time do you spend wishing bad for 12 year old kids? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom