ESPN's list of top undecided transfers includes Minnesota's Jack Leius, son of Scott

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Defensive back
Bubba Bolden, USC to Miami (via junior college)

Jonathan Greenard, Duke to UCF

Isaiah Humphries, Penn State to Cal

Undecided
Jarius Adams, Rutgers

Trey Creamer, Iowa

Zaire Jones, Vanderbilt

Qwuantrezz Knight, Maryland

Jack Leius, Minnesota

Marcus Lewis, Maryland

Bennett Williams, Illinois

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-players-entered-ncaa-transfer-portal

Go Gophers!!

See Trey Creamer on that list. Wasn't he highly recruited by the Gophers?

Leius is not even a scholarship player for the Gophers, and it's not like we have a ton of safeties.

per ESPN:

Defensive back
Bubba Bolden, USC to Miami (via junior college)

Jonathan Greenard, Duke to UCF

Isaiah Humphries, Penn State to Cal

Undecided
Jarius Adams, Rutgers

Trey Creamer, Iowa

Zaire Jones, Vanderbilt

Qwuantrezz Knight, Maryland

Jack Leius, Minnesota

Marcus Lewis, Maryland

Bennett Williams, Illinois

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-players-entered-ncaa-transfer-portal

Go Gophers!!

Illinois is very active in that portal. Looks like they have 3 guys coming in and 6 listed as undecided.

If he's healthy (big if), the player I'd want is Jaelin Phillips. I believe that he was a top recruit coming out of h.s.

Bizarre list. No mention of Grimes or Dew-Treadway, but a walk-on who never even seen game action is?

I follow the Gophers closely. Don't think I knew Leius was on the team.

I came onto this thread because I thought ESPN had messed up the name of the kid who was transferring. No idea who he is. Free publicity I guess...

Yeah, I think he decommitted from the Gophers the day before signing day. I know he was a player that I was pretty bummed about not getting.

I checked. Jalyn Phillips was the top-rated player in the country at .9989. To me, that qualifies as a top recruit.
Jack Leius, who this thread is about and who is referenced in the article, is a walk on who hasn't played for the Gophers. Hardly a top recruit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A lot of negativity about Jack in this thread. The “fans” are posting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember that as well.

EDIT: I looked up his 247 page and the prognosticators there had him 50/50 between the Gophers and Rutgers, but he was recruited by the previous regime so the coaching change may have changed things for him.

Last edited:

I seem to remember that as well.

EDIT: I looked up his 247 page and the prognosticators there had him 50/50 between the Gophers and Rutgers, but he was recruited by the previous regime so the coaching change may have changed things for him.

Probably worked out fine for us anyway. He hadn't played a down in 2 years at Iowa and had a brief suspension last season.

A lot of negativity about Jack in this thread. The “fans” are posting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing something? I don't see negativity. I just didn't know who he was and was surprised to see him as a top rated transfer candidate.

Maybe someone at ESPN is doing the dad a favor and trying to get the son’s name out there to coaches who might not have ever known about him otherwise?

I wish best of luck to Jack! Clearly looking for more playing time. Sorry it didn’t work out for him at the U. He was teammates with Barber and True Thompson at Armstrong high school.

Am I missing something? I don't see negativity. I just didn't know who he was and was surprised to see him as a top rated transfer candidate.

Some sarcasm maybe but yeah there isn't a bunch of negativity being thrown Jack's way. It is nothing personal towards him, most fans don't know who the walk-ons are prior to them earning a scholarship or a spot in the regular rotation.

So the fact that a guy who most fans of the team knew nothing about making a list of top transfer players kind of calls the list itself into question. Clearly they are digging fairly deep into the talent pool or maybe just looking for players from power 5 conferences regardless of how much they may have played for that school.

Top Bottom