Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Notre Dame grad transfer Micah Dew-Treadway commits

RTB Micah!

6'-4" 300lbs and saw action in 12 games for a team in the CFP this year. Some potentially exciting things happening along the D-Line both for the present and the future based on some of the players coming on board.

2 career tackles, having played in 20 games total. I'm assuming he would have two seasons to play with the Gophers.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post

Notre Dame is Gopher Country!!

Really nice get here. The dude's legit.

We're putting on weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    2 career tackles, having played in 20 games total. I'm assuming he would have two seasons to play with the Gophers.
    One season, unless he gets some sort of 6th year waiver.

2015 - Redshirt
    2016 - Injured (broken foot)
    2017 - 9 games
    2018 - 11 games

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    I think he only has 1. He was part of their 2015 class.

I peaked over at the Notre Dame board, it seems like they thought he could have helped and they really liked him (seems like a really good guy).

One thing we can say with PJ, he will recruit WRs and DTs. That's a good thing.

Nice! Hope he can rotate in from the start of the season.

Cant hurt to add the depth and experience. Big man. Hope he contributes and enjoys his time here.

I'm guessing he has two years to play. He redshirted in 2015 and can use a medical redshirt for 2016.

Do we think this says anything about the likelihood of getting Kristian Williams?

2 tackles in 20 games? I realize his snap count at Notre Dame was likely really low but.......2 tackles in 20 games?

I hope the kid comes here, is an amazing human, a leader, and finally gets the reps to show that he is a contributor on a D1 team.....and gets more than 2 tackles in 20 games for us.

Is there an example of a grad transfer that's had 2 years of eligibility?

This is a weird thread of speculation/not reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Is there an example of a grad transfer that's had 2 years of eligibility?
    Yes. It's of course rare because it would require either a player having graduated in 3 years while a varsity athlete, or a player getting an injury waiver and being granted a 6th year.

Evan Boudreaux at Purdue (apparently is 21, looks 41) transferred from Dartmouth to Purdue to play basketball with 2 years remaining (graduated in 3 years from Dartmouth). Assuming that Jalen Hurts transfers, he'll have 2 years of immediate eligibility at his new spot because he's already graduated.