Report: Gophers' DB coach Jahmile Addae leaving to be CB coach at West Virginia

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Gophers’ defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae has accepted a position to coach cornerbacks at West Virginia, according to Rivals and 24/7 Sports.

Addae joined Minnesota’s staff in 2018 after serving as a secondary coach at Arizona. He was a strong recruiter and helped the Gophers successfully land talent in the Southwest region, including Las Vegas. He played a role in recruiting safety Jordan Howden, running back Cam Wiley and defensive back Solomon Brown in the past two cycles.

Addae played defensive back at West Virginia from 2001-05. He later served as a graduate assistant in the program and moved across the country to gain experience. The latest position opened with Neal Brown at West Virginia and Addae decided to return to his alma mater.

Over the coming weeks, the Gophers will now need to hire a new defensive backs coach. After promoting Joe Rossi and losing Marcus West, the team recently added Jim Panagos to coach the defensive line.

Wow - WVU seems very interested in getting one of our coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Police
1fad0178f2dab7f43407275a771dcaca.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Someone got a new GIF

I would not be opposed to hiring Antoinne Winfield senior as defense backs coach. We would be DB tackling machines and could lay claim to Snack U.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I would not be opposed to hiring Antoinne Winfield senior as defense backs coach. We would be DB tackling machines and could lay claim to Snack U.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Does he have his degree and would he even be interested

Dungy? Being a U grad you know he would be interested.

I think it would be intriguing to get Antoine Winfield Sr even if it was only for 4-5 years until both his kids graduated. More stability then now! I’d guess he is not necessarily interested in all the work that goes into being a position coach/ recruiting/ etc.

Top Bottom