Iowa TE TJ Hockensen declares for draft

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Hockenson, Fant. Anthony Nelson and Hooker have all declared early for Iowa.

That's four big pieces to replace...also lose nine seniors who started...Defense loses all of front four. Secondary loses two best. One lb.

Seniors besides these four early NFL juniors: Render and Reynolds on the oline. Easley who was Bowl Game MVP at WR. The safety Gervase. LB Hockaday. Brincks and Hesse on the dline. The other Nelson at DT. The kicker.

That's four big pieces to replace...Defense loses all of front four.

Yes, but 5* sophomore A.J. Epenesa, who inexplicably wasn't a starter, was named 1st Team All B1G at defensive end. He's a monster.

I'm not sure why we always seem to think demise of Iowa and Wisconsin is just around the corner

I'm not sure why we always seem to think demise of Iowa and Wisconsin is just around the corner

I don't think their demise is around the corner but these 4 loses could be the difference between 7 and 9 wins or 8 and 10 wins next year.

With these 4 guys, I felt like our chances of going into Iowa city next year and getting a W were about 30%, now with these 4 gone, it's closer to 40-45% for me.

Iowa will always be pretty solid but these losses make me think Iowa will drop down to about 7 wins next year

Iowa is a lot more up and down than Wisconsin usually is. Not out of the ordinary for them to have a average or below average season once in awhile.

Iowa is a lot more up and down than Wisconsin usually is. Not out of the ordinary for them to have a average or below average season once in awhile.

Yeah it is strange, they are consistent in their own way but Iowa will show up here time to time and just take a beating.

This is true

would love to get Floyd and the Axe next year

carry on

Top Bottom