Re: Fleck interview recap.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Re: Fleck interview recap.

Just to let people know - If Fleck appears on the Sports Huddle Sunday, I will not be able to post a recap. My home PC is in the shop - fried my motherboard Friday night.

I'm posting this from my tablet, which is OK for short messages, but will not work for long -form entries.

Hope to get PC back sometime next week.

OK. Feeling guilty, so here is a bullet-point version of Sports Huddle Fleck interview. 1-13-19

New coaches - Panagos married to Mike Tice's sister. One of best DL coaches in country. Good recruiter.

Sid asked about team in pre-season ratings. PJ - that's for other people to talk about. Shows recognition for program. Players have to deal with expectations.

Sid - FR on offense should get better. PJ: better tomorrow than you are today. Focus on whole life. Academics.

Max- January recruiting? PJ: 3 spots left. Could be HS or transfer, or hold for next year.

Max- grad transfers. PJ: have to be in portal. Look in term of need, instant depth. New trend in college FB.

Sid- fill holes on defense? PJ: lot of young guys on roster. Add with 2019 class. Still a youthful team.

Mona- rules on kids enrolling early. PJ: encourage kids to go home and graduate with HS class. Can use cost-of-attendance funds, which they get once they start school.

Sid- bowl practice helped? PJ: got healthy on offense. Defense worked on triple option. Got back to fundamentals.

Max- multi-sport athletes report early and give up other sports? PJ: talk to kids and give opinions. Give benefits of starting early, and explain what they'll be giving up. Never tell kid they have to report early.

Mona- 2 or 3 kids to watch for next season. PJ: Brevyn Spann-Ford. Braelin Oliver.

Sid-when does Spring Practice start? PJ: March.

Mona- position changes? PJ: Howard will stay at CB. Coaches will talk about other changes soon - maybe some changes on special teams.

Sid- any more JUCOs? PJ: no. will take 1 or 2 a year most years.

Mona- Smith and Brooks? PJ: rehabbing. Getting stronger.

PJ: (on coaches leaving for other jobs). Proud of our staff. Support them 100%. Interest in Gopher coaches shows that we're doing things right. Tribute to our culture.

Sid- Murray's.

(note - I typed this two-fingered on a 7" tablet. I'm bleeping nuts.- shorty.)

Thanks for the effort!

Im excited for Spann-Ford; his name keeps coming up. Also, hope Howard can make an impact at CB

Has anyone told PJ his offense doesn’t utilize pass-catching tight ends?

Thanks SON for making our Sundays that much better.

The one thing about a young energetic coach like PJ Fleck is that he is up to date on trends in college football. Instant depth by Grad Transfer infusion.

They did an excellent job on coaching for the Georgia Tech Game. I am glad it gave them time also to get back to fundamentals. Jerry Kill was big on that.

We saw a night and day difference between Robb Smith's and Joe Rossi's approach on defense. Rossi simplified the defensive scheme. Kids were reacting more instead of thinking and were very disciplined in their coverage. Rossi had the kids playing sound fundamental football.

Last edited:

Panagos married to Mike Tice's sister. One of best DL coaches in country. Good recruiter.

I like this hire and did not know that we was married to Mike Tice's sister. Good information today SON! Very much appreciated!

Thanks. Didn't want to let the board down.

PS- If you have a Dell PC and "Support Assist" pops up and tells you to update your BIOS, don't do it. Apparently I'm not the only person who fried their motherboard trying to do this.

Thanks. Didn't want to let the board down.

PS- If you have a Dell PC and "Support Assist" pops up and tells you to update your BIOS, don't do it. Apparently I'm not the only person who fried their motherboard trying to do this.
Beware of The Hacker...
50ad90c6733f7d4aa7b8c1e199927fd3.jpg

Did both Spann-Ford and Oliver appear in 4 games or less this year, making them both RS-FR next year? I believe so but don't know

Thanks SON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SON! Good luck with the PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son, thank you for using the alternate device and tuning in to another week of Sid.
Go Gophers!

Thanks again SON.

Fleck sure mentions Spann-Ford a lot.

For not going to TE's, he really seems to like him.
Did Fleck use the TE a lot at W-Mich?

I know he always raves about Iowa and Wisconsin's TE's the last couple years.
Maybe we'll run a few plays to him each game, although I'm fine if we just keep using our three different WR's as well.

When you don't feel like typing...

(note - I typed this two-fingered on a 7" tablet. I'm bleeping nuts.- shorty.)

No need to type anymore. I found this for you...

Try Streamer for Free
It takes you less than a minute to get started

(1) Open a Chrome browser and go to www.streamer.center.
(2) Sign on using account Demo-English and the password 12345678
(3) Select the Room called Demo
(4) Click on the microphone icon and start talking

With Streamer™ there are no apps to install or software modules to download – you just go to the website. This makes it very easy for others to join you in conversations. And yes, with Streamer™ the captioning can be provided in your choice of dozens of languages. To see this, log in on another computer using account Demo-Spanish and password 12345678. Now, whatever you say on the first computer is displayed in the second in Spanish (and if you want spoken aloud) and visa-versa. You can also use Demo-Arabic, or Demo-French, or Demo-German, Demo-Russian, Demo-Japanese (etc.). For a more complete description on how to use Streamer click here (many of Streamer’s features are not available in the free Demo room). Also, note that the Demo room is unlocked and open for anyone to use at any time. This is NOT a room that you should use to caption private conversations. To set up a private room where you control who can enter and participate in your conversations, contact Auditory Sciences by replying to this email or by calling or texting 507-645-8924.

No need to type anymore. I found this for you...

Try Streamer for Free
It takes you less than a minute to get started

(1)Open a Chrome browser and go to www.streamer.center.
(2)Sign on using account Demo-English and the password 12345678
(3)Select the Room called Demo
(4)Click on the microphone icon and start talking

With Streamer[emoji769] there are no apps to install or software modules to download – you just go to the website. This makes it very easy for others to join you in conversations. And yes, with Streamer[emoji769] the captioning can be provided in your choice of dozens of languages. To see this, log in on another computer using account Demo-Spanish and password 12345678. Now, whatever you say on the first computer is displayed in the second in Spanish (and if you want spoken aloud) and visa-versa. You can also use Demo-Arabic, or Demo-French, or Demo-German, Demo-Russian, Demo-Japanese (etc.). For a more complete description on how to use Streamer click here (many of Streamer’s features are not available in the free Demo room). Also, note that the Demo room is unlocked and open for anyone to use at any time. This is NOT a room that you should use to caption private conversations. To set up a private room where you control who can enter and participate in your conversations, contact Auditory Sciences by replying to this email or by calling or texting 507-645-8924.
Voice to text captioning is only 80% accurate. You still have to edit words and fix punctuation, but it can be a good start.

Voice to text captioning is only 80% accurate. You still have to edit words and fix punctuation, but it can be a good start.

Perhaps will be more inaccurate with Sid speaking. I haven't heard him lately so probably shouldn't jump to conclusions. Captioner's need good speech for this to work.

I just want to confirm this, but does Grimes count as one of the three? So, that means we have two that can sign or transfer?

Did you try it? Works solid for me. As for Sid, that's another deal...

Did you try it? Works solid for me. As for Sid, that's another deal...
I've used a number of voice to text products (not the one you suggested). If you talk slowly, methodically and with good enunciation you can get a much more accurate transcript. However, most people whom I have worked with do not speak that way. Also, I work with a number of stakeholders in medical fields. Medical terms will cause voice to text programs much pain. Good luck with "encephalopathy." [emoji41]

I've used a number of voice to text products (not the one you suggested). If you talk slowly, methodically and with good enunciation you can get a much more accurate transcript. However, most people whom I have worked with do not speak that way. Also, I work with a number of stakeholders in medical fields. Medical terms will cause voice to text programs much pain. Good luck with "encephalopathy." [emoji41]

There are some hilarious voice to text subtitles on Youtube. It is definitely only 80-90% accurate with normal speech. Sure if you speak clearly and slowly it can be better, but that's not how normal people talk.

Let 'er rip, give it a try. It nailed it when I said, "a medical term is encephalopathy".

Top Bottom