Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Zack Annexstad and Jordan Howden get scholarships

We wanna see the "ceremonies"! Well deserved.

Well deserved. Looking forward to Morgan v. Annexstad v. Clark this spring. Annexstad has won the job once over Morgan, but I'd argue Morgan looked better on gameday. Should be fun to watch going forward.

Howden I thought was put into some tough spots while Smith was DC and didn't look very good. That being said, like basically the entire defense, I thought he was looking much improved under Rossi in the last couple of games.

My understanding is that because ZA started his academic residency at Minnesota back in Jan 2018, he has been here a year and therefore his scholarship does *NOT* count against the 2019 class. That's the new rule, which is how they were able to start up the "Maroon Shirt" program. ZA was actually the first MS, they just didn't have a name for it back then.

Howden, on the other hand, I don't believe moved to Minnesota until summer 2018? So I think his scholarship counts against 2019.

Would love official clarification .... not GH posters citing the old "two year" rule.

Quote Originally Posted by WiddleWatkins View Post
    That being said, like basically the entire defense, I thought he was looking much improved under Rossi in the last couple of games.
    Plus when you look at our depth at Safety, we need him!

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    My understanding is that because ZA started his academic residency at Minnesota back in Jan 2018, he has been here a year and therefore his scholarship does *NOT* count against the 2019 class. That's the new rule, which is how they were able to start up the "Maroon Shirt" program. ZA was actually the first MS, they just didn't have a name for it back then.

Howden, on the other hand, I don't believe moved to Minnesota until summer 2018? So I think his scholarship counts against 2019.

Would love official clarification .... not GH posters citing the old "two year" rule.
    You are correct. ZA doesn't count against any initial counters for any class, but only the total 85, because he's been here for a full academic year (Spring last year, Fall). Howden will have to count against the 2019 class initial counters as he's only been here for one semester.

Great to see! I think they are now at the 85 limit with the current class with the two additions...can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Great to see! I think they are now at the 85 limit with the current class with the two additions...can anyone confirm?
    I believe that it does put us at 85 currently. I have no idea how they are going to make the numbers with this class work. Lot of "difficult conversations" ahead for PJ.

Officially, they're still well over the 85. Unofficially, the coaching staff may have already gotten several commitments from players to move on, in one form or another, and that info just isn't public yet.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...38/8938255.jpg

This has us at 90, including ZA and Howden with schollys, and including the last officially announced departure (Dom London to North Dakota), as well as the full 2019 class *including* K.Williams (unknown if he will sign).

But it doesn't include OJ Smith leaving or the Notre Dame grad transfer. It also doesn't include the USC WR transfer. So that would be 91 with KW, or 90 without him.

Quote Originally Posted by WiddleWatkins View Post
    I believe that it does put us at 85 currently. I have no idea how they are going to make the numbers with this class work. Lot of "difficult conversations" ahead for PJ.
    Breakfast is his favorite meal of the day, luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    PJ jumps out of a cake!

https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...38/8938255.jpg

This has us at 90, including ZA and Howden with schollys, and including the last officially announced departure (Dom London to North Dakota), as well as the full 2019 class *including* K.Williams (unknown if he will sign).

But it doesn't include OJ Smith leaving or the Notre Dame grad transfer. It also doesn't include the USC WR transfer. So that would be 91 with KW, or 90 without him.
    247 has it at 88, so 3-5 need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Would have been funny to have Zack's brother basically do the same back tattoo bit...

Officially, they're still well over the 85. Unofficially, the coaching staff may have already gotten several commitments from players to move on, in one form or another, and that info just isn't public yet.
    Would agree that it is a pretty safe bet that they would not be offering scholarships to players if they didn't have them available.