Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

It's not just Coyle, the U has never been very aggressive with season ticket holders or ticket sales / marketing.

If feels like there is a sense of fatalism when it comes to ticket sales at the U. Mostly deckchair moving is all we see.

I fear they might be right about the fatalism...

Coyle says that season ticket holders are the backbone, but I see little the U of M has done to resolve this.
    I am an acquaintance of someone who recently was interested in two season tickets. He wanted seats that were between the 10 yard lines. He was taken aback with the total cost and told me he will stick with buying three or four games through 3rd parties.
    I'm quite sure he would buy season tickets if the donations were scaled back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    Coyle says that season ticket holders are the backbone, but I see little the U of M has done to resolve this.
    I am an acquaintance of someone who recently was interested in two season tickets. He wanted seats that were between the 10 yard lines. He was taken aback with the total cost and told me he will stick with buying three or four games through 3rd parties.
    I'm quite sure he would buy season tickets if the donations were scaled back.
    I'm quite sure that I would buy a Lamborghini if they didn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I'm quite sure that I would buy a Lamborghini if they didn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. What's your point?
    Gopher football is no lambo

Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Axe View Post
    Lower ticket prices, win games. Ta-da
    I would also add game day atmosphere/tailgating.

Our tailgating set up is soooooo stupid. Especially when half of the lots closest to stadium are half to 3/4 Full when richie rich doesnt show up.
    JUST WIN BABY!

My point is that the Gophers have priced many of their season tickets where demand and value are not close.
    When Coyle says that season ticket holders are the backbone, this is a another example of why we have dwindling numbers.

You cant price a Camry like a Lamborghini though, and our prices are pretty similar to some much more recently successful teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    My point is that the Gophers have priced many of their season tickets where demand and value are not close.
    When Coyle says that season ticket holders are the backbone, this is a another example of why we have dwindling numbers.

How about the athletic department reward season ticket holders and fill up seats at the same time by offering additional tickets for half off??
    That way you take care of your base of loyal fans first. If there is one thing that annoys me is having some guy sit next to you that got seats outside for
    10 bucks. There's no motivation to buy season tickets right now.

There is this wierd hesitation to lower ticket prices. I don't understand it.

I suppose maybe he is that confident in PJ that within 2 more years the prices will have returned to this price via actual demand, so why bother lowering them? Seems kinda backward though. How hard is it to get a professor from the Carlson School of Business to revamp the ticket price scheme (for all sports for that matter)? When you have one of the best business schools on the nation, you might as well use it!

His point was that tickets cost too much for his acquaintance. I thought a sharp sharpie like you would grasp that.

Also, as someone else noted, Gophers football is no Lamborghini.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    You cant price a Camry like a Lamborghini though, and our prices are pretty similar to some much more recently successful teams.
    If the Lamborghini dealer is sitting on a massive amount of unsold inventory, perhaps the pricing structure should be assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taji34 View Post

I suppose maybe he is that confident in PJ that within 2 more years the prices will have returned to this price via actual demand, so why bother lowering them? Seems kinda backward though. How hard is it to get a professor from the Carlson School of Business to revamp the ticket price scheme (for all sports for that matter)? When you have one of the best business schools on the nation, you might as well use it!
    Because they can't compete with Stubhub... and Stubhub isn't selling out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Taji34 View Post

Maybe. Really, empty seats don't help anyone at all. The games are a lot more fun when the stands are packed and it's good for the players and recruiting too. The smart thing to do is fill it up - then start gradually increasing prices when you have the demand. Another smart thing is to give incentives to make a season ticket a smarter buy than single games. And if you can't fill it up, give tickets away to youth football teams or schools. Get the kids there and create fans while they are young! This is a team on the rise and this shouldn't be a problem. Get it done guys!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    If the Lamborghini dealer is sitting on a massive amount of unsold inventory, perhaps the pricing structure should be assessed.
    That was going to be my next point. I don't think the Lamborghini CEO is out giving press conferences about struggling to increase the number of cars sold.

There are 2 groups on this topic:
    1. Those that understand supply/demand
    2. Those that want to feel better about their decision to pay the U for ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut