Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    AD Coyle is overthinking things. Things are looking up in the football program. If tickets weren't so darned expensive, more people would opt for the live experience instead of the TV experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Sid:

“We have lots of conversations about increasing the football attendance,” Coyle said. “Obviously you’re at our games and you saw where we have some open seats. We have taken a hard look at how we price our tickets, our scholarship seating, and those are things we’ll continue to evaluate.

“This is a problem across the country in college football, where attendance is dropping and we have to get creative with how we can get more people to come to our games.”

Coyle said that a big focus will be on increasing the season ticket base.

“The season ticket holders are the backbone of your program, and we have to get very creative and innovative in how we can get those people back on to support our student athletes,” he said.
    In other words:
    1) We're aware of this "problem" of which you speak
    2) ?
    3) Problem solved!

JTG

Coyle has proven he can't manage a crisis, so where is his strength as an AD? Anyone have faith that he can execute a "creative" plan that engages current and potential fans?

When does Coyle become part of the problem that needs to be rectified? Terrible communicator with the public, unable to articulate and implement solutions that build confidence from an administrative standpoint. As a stubborn season ticket holder who has not bailed on gopher athletics, Coyle's act is increasingly hard to understand and support.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967 2.0 View Post
    Coyle has proven he can't manage a crisis, so where is his strength as an AD? Anyone have faith that he can execute a "creative" plan that engages current and potential fans?

When does Coyle become part of the problem that needs to be rectified? Terrible communicator with the public, unable to articulate and implement solutions that build confidence from an administrative standpoint. As a stubborn season ticket holder who has not bailed on gopher athletics, Coyle's act is increasingly hard to understand and support.
    He has finished raising all the money for the village, right? /S

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

"Some" open seats? I'm a die-hard who has not missed a home game in at least a dozen years. Huge open sections of seats this season. Worst I've seen at TCF. Announced vs actual attendance difference in 2018 was by far the largest I've seen as far back as I can remember.

Reduce prices and win games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    . Or just win games. There are plenty of unsold tickets with no priority seating charges. $375 for 7 games is not that high.
    If you look around at sports in general, and college football in particular, attendance is down whether you are winning or losing.

Nobody loves a winner like a Minnesotan, but the games start too early, the parking is hard, the side of the stadium with tickets is too hot/cold, those damn kids won’t sit down, nobody stands up to support the team.....

The list goes on and on. And when they do come? Leave with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter to “beat the traffic regardless of the score or situation.

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

Common sense would solve this problem immediately. Look at when attendance started to decline and factor in what changes took place before that.

10. Default

GET. IN-STADIUM. WI-FI.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    If you look around at sports in general, and college football in particular, attendance is down whether you are winning or losing.

Nobody loves a winner like a Minnesotan, but the games start too early, the parking is hard, the side of the stadium with tickets is too hot/cold, those damn kids won’t sit down, nobody stands up to support the team.....

The list goes on and on. And when they do come? Leave with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter to “beat the traffic regardless of the score or situation.

I agree with you that attendance is down nation wide. Why wouldn't it be with the quality of the TV broadcasts and TVs in general? The U has to be smart enough to understand this and if attendance is important to them they need to work on that. It very well just not be very important to them.

I've been to a majority of the games at TCF and honestly the most miserable game I have ever been to was the Miami game this year. The heat made the game almost unbearable! I left early simply because I could no longer tolerate it.

Here are the times of the home games in 2018:
    6:00, 6:30, 2:30, 2:30, 2:30, 11:00

Quote Originally Posted by TheFleckEffect View Post
    GET. IN-STADIUM. WI-FI.
    I won’t say how it happened but I’m connected to the Williams arena and TCF Bank stadium press wi-fi and it has greatly enhanced my experience. Nice to be able to check a box score, google a restaurant or send an image during timeouts/halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Figure out how to at least get the $$$ back to where they can be deducted.
    That is as much the feds as anyone else..... not sure the U has that much reach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967 2.0 View Post

Coyle's sole redeeming quality seems to be not engaging in the kind of inappropriate behavior that his predecessor did. Eventually his combination of incompetence and dishonesty will catch up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFleckEffect View Post
    GET. IN-STADIUM. WI-FI.
    May be a sponsorship tradeout to replace seat license fees from the student section?